The Diesel Stop banner

Best place for Coolant Temp Guage sender?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  BTBBT 
#1 ·
Hey I have an Autometer Ultralite Water Temp guage I'm hooking up, is there a port that would be good for the 1/8-27 NPT sendor or 3/8 & 1/2 NPT adapters? Thanks in advance!!

DelRey

See less See more
#2 ·
I used a port in the D/S head at the back end when I did my buddies '01.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
Hey I have an Autometer Ultralite Water Temp guage I'm hooking up, is there a port that would be good for the 1/8-27 NPT sendor or 3/8 & 1/2 NPT adapters? Thanks in advance!!

DelRey

Check your water pump...I believe there is a plug on the driver's side you can remove and install your sending unit. :thumbsup:

Griz

#4 ·
That plug on the water pump is only good if you don't have a coolant filtration system on the truck. I was going to pull one of the drain plugs on the back side of the block but it broke my ratchet when trying to remove the plug.

If you don't have a coolant filter, follow the upper radiator hose from the radiator to the motor. Under the thermostat housing, right side, is a plug that you can remove and put the sensor there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.