code P1249 eappearing ?? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2007, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
code P1249 eappearing ??

I am getting the P1249 code(wastegate fail steady state test).I have cleared the code and it reappears AGAIN.I have a new turbo and actuator arm and have checked my green and red vacuum lines for cracks and fitment.SES light does not come on,but SCT 1705 reads this code repeatedly.Boost will reach 28psi WITH leaky uppipes.WHAT,WHY,WHERE? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] What else should I look for?Thanks.
'02 Black F-350srw Lariat. 7.3/CC/SB/OR. BTS tranny with 6.0 cooler,coated TN bb1.00 w/Hi-flow outlet,Non-EBP ped,BWD coated/bellowed up-pipes,D.P Tuner.F5(stock,Hi-idle,60tow,80econo,120race),4" SS Magnaflow,BDS stabilizers ,Fluidampr,AFE Stage2w/PG7&pre-filter,Spearco 6.0 IC,PML pan,HPOX,Airdog,ITP reg.return,MAP Maximizer,8 spring front, BFG 315/75/16 AT's,DTS 4.56LS gears,Mag-Hytec cover,Dieselsite SS ESOF lines,coolant filter,203* stat w/billet&Fleetrite,Optix fuel on column,Ultra-Lite trans,pyro,boost on pillar.All fluids Mobil1,Energy polys,Centramatic,Fumoto,Billet,Line-X,Husky box,Extang,EGR,Alpine,Viper,Dynamat,Sirius,PIAA,Hu sky-Liner,Bilsteins. Door ding,overhead console,Snowman,Zoodad,Harpoon,AIH,Marinco,CCV,foi l mods. Hawks and Powerslot cryo's
ELLIOT02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Re: code P1249 eappearing ??

I don't know what the MAP MAXIMIZER is, but it's apparently allowing the PCM to see that you are making too much boost. Here is the official description of the code you are getting from the Ford diagnostic manual.

DTC P1249 indicates that the PCM detected the turbo was overboosting.
Race Truck :: 5500# / 12.66 @ 105mph / Best 60' of 1.67 ... on 226k Mile PMRs! (PMR Engine Retired)
Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.37 @ 119mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Strictly Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

I agree with Dennis, your MAP MAXIMIZER isn't working properly.
1999 F-350 4 door long bed 4x4. 4in lift, deaver springs, fox shocks, dynomite injectors on the way, dp tuner F5, dual 7.3 fuel pumps, Spearco retrofit intercooler, custom regulator return kit, ceramic coated IH up pipes, 5in mitre cut stacks, custom front bumper. Terminator High Pressure Oil!

<font color="red">Black Widow Diesel exclusive Turbonetics Towing Compound turbo kit-In testing. More info available soon at
www.BLACKWIDOWDIESEL.COM</font>

]http://community.webshots.com/album/557759938HUntVs]

www.BlackWidowDiesel.com

www.TerminatorEngineering.com
sanddrag69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

It still throws the code when in stock and reaching only 20 p.s.i.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]
'02 Black F-350srw Lariat. 7.3/CC/SB/OR. BTS tranny with 6.0 cooler,coated TN bb1.00 w/Hi-flow outlet,Non-EBP ped,BWD coated/bellowed up-pipes,D.P Tuner.F5(stock,Hi-idle,60tow,80econo,120race),4" SS Magnaflow,BDS stabilizers ,Fluidampr,AFE Stage2w/PG7&pre-filter,Spearco 6.0 IC,PML pan,HPOX,Airdog,ITP reg.return,MAP Maximizer,8 spring front, BFG 315/75/16 AT's,DTS 4.56LS gears,Mag-Hytec cover,Dieselsite SS ESOF lines,coolant filter,203* stat w/billet&Fleetrite,Optix fuel on column,Ultra-Lite trans,pyro,boost on pillar.All fluids Mobil1,Energy polys,Centramatic,Fumoto,Billet,Line-X,Husky box,Extang,EGR,Alpine,Viper,Dynamat,Sirius,PIAA,Hu sky-Liner,Bilsteins. Door ding,overhead console,Snowman,Zoodad,Harpoon,AIH,Marinco,CCV,foi l mods. Hawks and Powerslot cryo's
Old 02-28-2007, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Take out the MAP device and see if the code goes away.
Race Truck :: 5500# / 12.66 @ 105mph / Best 60' of 1.67 ... on 226k Mile PMRs! (PMR Engine Retired)
Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.37 @ 119mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Strictly Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

OK. I will try that.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

Take the Maximizer out and plug the stock map plug into the MAP and see what you get. If you still get the SES light get a scan tool to look past the DTC codes. It may just be the MAP itself.
2002 X PSD, Billy Boat 4", AirRaid, Gillett Diesel Service Turbo, High Output turbo exhaust housing, KCM HPX Crossover, ITP Overboost Annihilator, Gauges: Boost, EGT, Trans Temp, Fuel Pressure and Water Temp

DP-Tuner 6 pos No Start - 140 Aggressive
Thanks Jody and Diane

Super Heavy Duty / Triple Disc 4R100 built by Jim Galatioto at ATO Transmissions in Sacramento.
NorCalDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2007, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

First run was 20psi and read code p1249,second run 10psi and no codes.Both without Maximizer.SES light does not come on but does throw code.I inspected Maximizer and both end look to be in tact.I cleaned MAP connections and various other harnesses with electric contact cleaner.I will try some other combinations with boost and maximizer to see if Map Maximizer is the culprit. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.