Dino's regulated return - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dino's regulated return

Has anyone tried the $199 regulated return kit from Dino Fuel Alternatives?
02 F350 4x4 CREW 7.3 150K, BFG Rugged Terrain 285s, AIS, Isspro pyro, boost & tranny temp pillar pod, Dipricol coolant temp, ELC, Isspro EV-2 Fuel Pressure & HPOP, Dieselsite boots, coolant & tranny filters & 203* Stat, 6.0 Tranny Cooler, ITP pre pump tank mod, Bellowed Up Pipes, Riffraff Frx, netbook mount with AE, GPR LED, Stancor, Red Head steering gear, Battery Tender & 2 Marincos.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

I havent tried it or seen it till your post but the price is good. I am curious about this also
Old 10-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
I have not used the dfa one but I have the ITP kit built into my veg system and it is top notch.

2003 Excursion 4x4 - 7.3 liter - 80k on WVO
Veggie Oil Conversion - HOH, GFS Diesel Tank, Stock tank modified for veggie with Hotfox, Hydraforce Valves, FPHE, ARC filter wraps & twin FASS/DPP HPFP's. ITP Reg Return/fuel bowl delete, HPX, AIH, 6.0 IC & Tranny Cooler - Dieselsite 203 T-stat & Coolant Filter - CAT ELC - BTS Valve Body - AIS with fender mod - Dome light overide switch - MBRP 4" Turbo Back - Bully Dog 50HP "McClain Veggie Tune" Programmer - Full A pillar Trans,Pyr,Oil Pres,Engine Temp - Overhead Pod Fuel Press, Boost, Volt meter
ajohansson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Probably will cost more when you count the cost of the fuel pressure regulator with the DFA one does NOT have.
01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U code front and A code Rear.
aklim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
Probably will cost more when you count the cost of the fuel pressure regulator with the DFA one does NOT have.
I don't think this is correct...per the product description:

"...The kit will include EVERYTHING needed to do the job except the tools. This kit is adjustable but comes preset to ~65psi and is applicable to 1999-2003 7.3..."

Probably just an adjustable check valve spring though.

White '99+ F250 SD XLT 4x2 SRW, 7.3PSD, 6spd, SuperCab, Short Bed
(mods listed in comments under photo in above link)

Last edited by olddieseldude; 10-19-2009 at 01:33 PM.
olddieseldude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddieseldude View Post
I don't think this is correct...per the product description:

"...The kit will include EVERYTHING needed to do the job except the tools. This kit is adjustable but comes preset to ~65psi and is applicable to 1999-2003 7.3..."

Probably just an adjustable check valve spring though.
Dino Fuel Alternatives | Product Detail

I don't see a fuel pressure regulator in the pic.
01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U code front and A code Rear.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't see a fuel pressure regulator in the pic.
I suspect the long hex part on the near left of the picture is an inline regulator

Old 10-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

looks cheap
2000 f 250 7.3 liter auto. Started as a xlt truck has been up graded to a lariat. 8 inch fabetek lift. 20 inch eagle alloys painted black. 41/14.50/20 super swamper irocks.05 head lights with 10,000k hid's. Turbo back 4 inch into two 6 inch stacks under bumper. edge juice with attitude. k&n cold air. ready for dp and ingectors.
hugestroke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugestroke View Post
looks cheap
OTOH, when you have the ITP kit, it looks so professionally made and fits like it was meant to.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
OTOH, when you have the ITP kit, it looks so professionally made and fits like it was meant to.
Agreed! But, if it works, there's a $300 difference to consider.

I guess it's just a beer or champagne decision.

Last edited by olddieseldude; 10-19-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddieseldude View Post
Agreed! But, if it works, there's a $300 difference to consider.

I guess it's just a beer or champagne decision.
$270 difference. By the time you consider a real regulator which is about $140 and a gauge that is about $25, you have about $100 of difference. That "regulator" is a pretty cheesy looking unit when you compare it with the Aeromotive A1000-6 unit.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
$270 difference. By the time you consider a real regulator which is about $140 and a gauge that is about $25, you have about $100 of difference. That "regulator" is a pretty cheesy looking unit when you compare it with the Aeromotive A1000-6 unit.
I'm just comparing with what they are offering.

If you want to make a direct feature for feature comparison, it's probably more expensive than the ITP unit. Including what you've pointed out the ITP unit uses better and more expensive hoses and fittings. The fuel line and barbed fitting provided can't cost much. But again, if it works as advertised and doesn't end up dumping fuel all over the engine after a few years, it's like comparing guages to an idiot light, depending on the end user the cheaper unit may be sufficient.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

not to mention it dosent come with bradied lines. just cheap rubber.
2000 f 250 7.3 liter auto. Started as a xlt truck has been up graded to a lariat. 8 inch fabetek lift. 20 inch eagle alloys painted black. 41/14.50/20 super swamper irocks.05 head lights with 10,000k hid's. Turbo back 4 inch into two 6 inch stacks under bumper. edge juice with attitude. k&n cold air. ready for dp and ingectors.
hugestroke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.