Edge Tuner - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Tuner

Is it a good one? I sort of like the way the gauges are built right into the tuner itself vs. having a tuner, and seperate gauges. I know alot of guys like the DP tuner and still may consider that. But was wondering how people like the Edge tuner
straightline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

from what I've read and heard its the best off the shelf tuner... my buddy is pleased with his...

I am also not sure if i should go with edge( i like the built in gauges also) or dp...

d
Old 12-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to RIStroker2000
straightline + bubba... i agree its the best off the shelf tuner, but now that i have DP i wouldnt bother with it.. My buddy has it, and the same mods.. and with my Dp on 80 eco and his edge on 5 (or race/aggresive whatever it is) My truck pulls oh his like is a stock 7.3 ... and he blows soooooooooooooo much smoke (unburnt fuel).. with my DP i dont blow to much smoke at all (matched fuel/air=good).. I mean ther good, and will make your truck a little more 'awake'.. but woth a custom tuned chip your truck will be "ALIVE" haha

nothing crazy, it carries alot of weight, it tows alot.. has all the 'usual' upgrades plus some..

she breaths well, has extra air and fuel
RIStroker2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

straightline,
is your truck Auto or manual?
2006 F 250 SUPERDUTY 6 INCH LIFT, 37'S, 5 INCH EXHAUST, LIBERATOR TUNED SCT, LIBERATOR O-RING HEADS, LIBERATOR EGR DELETE, LIBERATOR STAGE 1 TURBO, APR STUDS, SOUTHBEND CLUTCH, PRO COMP TRACTION BARS....AND A 6 INCH TIP
Dean
dlipscomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlipscomb View Post
straightline,
is your truck Auto or manual?
Slushbox
straightline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have a edge evolution and really like it. My main reason was like you the gauges are included in the pod and looks good on the dash. Also it was easy to get and install (I was in a hurry and didn't have a week to wait). I have to say it does make smoke, and you do have to watch egt,(I need to get 4" exhaust that would help). I would love to try a DP tuner but then I'd have to add gauges so the edge "box" tuner works for me.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

If you like the Edge Evolution2, there is Power Hungry Performance. They have what they call a Gryphon. It looks and performs like the Evo2 but will accept their custom programs....

Just a thought....

Power Hungry Performance - Gryphon Dash Mount Programmer for 7.3L Power Stroke Diesels

2002 F-250 XLT CC SB\HPX\ITP prepump mod\Harpoon\DI 65psi fuel shim\4" SS turbo back Magnaflow\Fumoto\FTVB\Edge Evolution2\Zoodad\2008 Diff cover\V-10 Transmission cooler
fddriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

2nd above post..

CUSTOM TUNES!!!

nothing crazy, it carries alot of weight, it tows alot.. has all the 'usual' upgrades plus some..

Old 01-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightline View Post
Is it a good one? I sort of like the way the gauges are built right into the tuner itself vs. having a tuner, and seperate gauges. I know alot of guys like the DP tuner and still may consider that. But was wondering how people like the Edge tuner
I have the edge juice with attitude, and ever since i;ve had it, my check engine light comes on. any suggestions?
kdub19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nolimit92
I have the Edge Evolution CTS and absolutely love it!! I like the touch screen and back up camera option. It droped my 1/4 mile time by 3.2 sec. It has very little black smoke with the race program. Man did that thing add some power!! It will spin all 4 tires when I hammer on it now...
2001 F350 4X4 Ext cab. 234k and runs like new!! Rancho 4" lift, FIPK cold air induction, Air ride air bags, Pacer wheels, 285/75/R16 Cooper Discoverer AT tires, straight pipe 3.5 EXH, Edge Evolution CTS programmer... 1/4 mile times b4fore 19.3, after 15.9.
Nolimit92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

[quote=Nolimit92; Man did that thing add some power!! It will spin all 4 tires when I hammer on it now...[/quote]

.. ummm what.. snow and mud?

Old 01-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nolimit92
Why both of course...LOL
2001 F350 4X4 Ext cab. 234k and runs like new!! Rancho 4" lift, FIPK cold air induction, Air ride air bags, Pacer wheels, 285/75/R16 Cooper Discoverer AT tires, straight pipe 3.5 EXH, Edge Evolution CTS programmer... 1/4 mile times b4fore 19.3, after 15.9.
Nolimit92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've got a juice with attitude moniter, it adds some decent power, and the guages built in are nice. I don't think its as aggressive as the Tony Wildman chip I had on my '99, but it does pretty well. I cant get it to smoke unless its on level 5 and at low rpms... The chip I had on the 99 would pour the smoke out.

Jason

Wife's truck:
'00 Excursion Limited, 4" turbo back, Dura-Lite filter/intake, 20% tint all around.. The highway cruiser!
jd99psd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

edge evolution race tuner

thinking about upgrading my regular edge evolution to the evolution race... does anyone have anything good or bad to say about it im putting it on my 08 6.4 so that i can do the whole dpf delete thing. thanks..
6.4jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have the Edge Evo II. I really liked it except the egt's would get up there when I was towing heavy. Made good power and I really like the guages. You can set an alert tone for all of the parameters. It makes an aweful racket when you reach whatever value you have preset. Keeps you from having to look at the guages quite as much. That said, I sent it off to Power Hungry and had them convert it to a Gryphon (basically changed the case so it does not say that it is CARB approved) and write some custom tunes for it. All I can say is wow!!!! It made a huge difference, especially when towing. EGT's are much lower and the power feels so much more linear. That is the best way I can describe it. The power is just always there when you hit the go pedal. I have 20hp tow, 40hp tow and 80hp daily driver. Picked up about 1-2 mpg also. PHP is a great group of guys and gals to deal with. Great customer service. Just my 2 cents.
2001 F250 4 door 4x4. MBRP 4" exhaust, DIY intake, Edge Evo II used as monitor only, tunes from Matt at Gearhead, Strictly Diesel ported compressor housing, dieselsite Turbomaster, Timbren rear SES, swapped in ZF6(not that bad!!)
txkfx400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.