ford upfitter switches in a 2001? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ford upfitter switches in a 2001?

just like thread states. can i install upfitter switches in a 2001 f250?
Jonny mach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (44)
I know almost nothing about automotive electronics, so take the following with a grain of salt:

They were optional in '05-up, so it's relatively easy to install them in those models. But for your older truck you would have to install them the same way you'd install any other switches. Yeah, it can be done if you're good with automotive wiring and electronics and relays and diodes and such. Just don't expect them to have the same functionality they have in '05-up trucks. And ignore the instruction sheet that comes with the kit. They would simply be 4 switches. Any relays or fuses or diodes you need to wire one of the switches to something would be up to you to provide.

My Sierra Blanca in the sig pic was a great pickup for 11.5 years. I sold it a coupla years ago. I drove a hand-me-down 2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L 2V for a while, but it was unacceptable for towing more than a rowboat. Replacement is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew Lariat that tows my 5,000-pound TT like a dream.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (19)
The only thing I would add, the '05 and up trucks have a place to put those switches as some of them came that way from the factory. The '04 and older trucks don't have the factory location and will require some cutting and fab-ing to make them fit on the dash.

DP-Tuner 80T, 160cc single shots, GTP38R turbo, Ceramic coated IH up-pipes, coolant filter, 6637, DIY exhaust brake, openair CCV, propane, SBC DD all ceramic clutch, ISSPRO EV boost/pyro/HPOP pres./rear end temp, 4" lift, traction bars, 255/70R22.5 tires, York air compressor, 16 flashy lights, 12 strobes, 12 switches on console, 9 switches on the dash, 7 two-way radios, 5 air horns, laptop, siren, 105 gal. in-bed fuel tank, Kennesaw Mountain front bumper

'86 H-D Sportster - 16" apes, custom paint, custom pipes to fishtails, single fire ignition, leather saddle bags on custom brackets, bagger fender, solo seat, home made luggage rack, all LED rear lights

'66 Bronco "Big Little Monster"
BTBBT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBBT View Post
The only thing I would add, the '05 and up trucks have a place to put those switches as some of them came that way from the factory. The '04 and older trucks don't have the factory location and will require some cutting and fab-ing to make them fit on the dash.

thanks, that is what i was curious about
Jonny mach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.