Gauge hookup ?'s - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (60)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well iv got everything hooked up now and the temps are still to high from the test port on the tranny I'm getting over 300 iv got a built tranny aftermarket true cool cooler and the oil is a perfect red not burnt there's no way the Trans is running that temp. Oil temp same thing still over three hundred with a reading from the port right ubove the filter. Motors running a steady water temp its not over heating egts are in the sixes while driving there's no way I'm running that hot. I know 245 250 is hot so I'm gonna change the oil and check the cooler and well go from there. What temps are you guys seeing and where are u reading from is there a port on the oil resivor I can put the sensor in to maby get a more accurate reading?

6 Inch super Lift
38 Inch Nitto Muds
BushWacker Pocket Flares
Dick Cepek DC1's
AEM Bruteforce Intake
AutoMeter C2 Boost, Trans Temp, EGT
MBRP 4 Inch Turbo Back Up to 5 To 7 Inch GrandRock Miters
Edge Juice With Attitude Moniter(Just For Gauges)
Custom Programing From Jody DP-Tuner F5
Stock,No Start, High Idle, 80 Econ, 120 Race, 140 Agressiv
OverBoost Annihilator, HPX Cross Over Line IC Pipe Foil Delete MOD
Running Garret GTP38R Ball Bearin non WasteGated 1.15 Exhaust Housing
Transmisson Done by The Local Guy New Housing, Transfercase and Drive Line Factory 3.73's "All Heavy Duty Billet Steel Internals"
Pro Torq Stage Three Billet Torq Converter

Rhino Liner, 10,000K HID's, Black Diamond Eye Head Lights, Recon Running Board LED's, Remote Start, Dual 7 Inch Touch Screen In Dash DVD, 12 Inch JL Audio Sub, Rockford Fosgate 600 Amp

Still Get Smoked By 6.0's
But Whos Truck Do The Women Always Want to Ride in?

WyoTech 09
LoveTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
RT
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
I have my transmission temperature sensor in the same port you are using. I see about 40-60 degrees over ambient. For me, that means my transmission is running around 100 since we are in the worst part of winter now. I used to monitor engine oil temp, but found the numbers were always right on with what the EOT sensor in the HPOP was reporting to the PCM, so I changed that to engine oil pressure. When I was monitoring temp, it was always within 5 degrees of ECT once the engine warmed up. For me, that was 180 - measured at the port next to the oil filter.

I would contact your gauge manufacturer - something is seriously wrong either with your installation or your gauges.
2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM
RT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #18 (permalink)

My Photos: (60)
Well there's not much to go wrong with the installation it's just a wire from the sensor to the gauge lol I think this gauge is twisted its gotta be

6 Inch super Lift
38 Inch Nitto Muds
BushWacker Pocket Flares
Dick Cepek DC1's
AEM Bruteforce Intake
AutoMeter C2 Boost, Trans Temp, EGT
MBRP 4 Inch Turbo Back Up to 5 To 7 Inch GrandRock Miters
Edge Juice With Attitude Moniter(Just For Gauges)
Custom Programing From Jody DP-Tuner F5
Stock,No Start, High Idle, 80 Econ, 120 Race, 140 Agressiv
OverBoost Annihilator, HPX Cross Over Line IC Pipe Foil Delete MOD
Running Garret GTP38R Ball Bearin non WasteGated 1.15 Exhaust Housing
Transmisson Done by The Local Guy New Housing, Transfercase and Drive Line Factory 3.73's "All Heavy Duty Billet Steel Internals"
Pro Torq Stage Three Billet Torq Converter

Rhino Liner, 10,000K HID's, Black Diamond Eye Head Lights, Recon Running Board LED's, Remote Start, Dual 7 Inch Touch Screen In Dash DVD, 12 Inch JL Audio Sub, Rockford Fosgate 600 Amp

Still Get Smoked By 6.0's
But Whos Truck Do The Women Always Want to Ride in?

WyoTech 09
LoveTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
RT

True, but it is a resistance measurement so if one of the connections wasn't perfect, it could affect it. I had an instance where my trans temp would jump into the mid 200s and back every time I hit a railroad crossing. Turned out one of the crimp connectors didn't bite properly.
2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM
RT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

As RT said some of the Autometer guages need the threaded body of the sender to be grounded. My Ultralight directions say that the threaded body of the sendor(not where the sender wire hooks up) might need to be grounded. I'm about to wire in my trans temp guage, I'll post up with results.

DelRey
Dieselsite Trans filter
Autometer EGT/Trans/H2O Temp guages
Driven Diesel bowl delete Reg Ret(soon)
DP Tuner (future)
4" MBRP Exhaust (future)
Seatbelt minder mod
CCV mod
delreyr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

My Autometer Ultralight trans temp guage did not need a ground wire on the sender to function properly FYI. It has the one sender wire going to the sender and that's it. Hope this helps.

DelRey
Dieselsite Trans filter
Autometer EGT/Trans/H2O Temp guages
Driven Diesel bowl delete Reg Ret(soon)
DP Tuner (future)
4" MBRP Exhaust (future)
Seatbelt minder mod
CCV mod
delreyr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.