The Diesel Stop banner

Injectors

8K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  westvandude 
#1 ·
Looking at new stage one injectors either from full force diesel or swamps diesel. Wanted some input about how long the the injectors we lasting and what not. I guess I want the good and the bad people have been seeing on them. Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
New or reman?

New should be good for 250k miles.

Reman 150-200k miles

#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
The mileage you see out of them really depends. It is kind of like factory injectors. Some people get 300k+ miles out of them while others barely get 120k miles. It mostly comes down to maintenance. Oil changes and fuel filter changes are key, as well as running a good fuel treatment.

We carry Full Force injectors and have had really good luck with them for a long time.

#5 ·
Justin is right there is a lot of factors. Oil changes being the most important.

Reman injectors have already had parts of the body machined to put the poppet valve back in spec.

They just wear quicker than a set of brand new injectors.

+1 for full force too.

#6 · (Edited)
Well thank you guy for the info I do regular oil changes about 3500 mile oil change and a fuel filter every 12,000. Rotella T5 15/40 and motorcraft filters oil and fuel only way to go. I did wind up getting Full force stage 1.5 single shots so it should be a fun truck to drive with a new Adrenaline HPOP and injectors plus a new fuel pump at the same time.

#7 ·
You don't need an Adrenaline. Unless your pump is going bad.

Those injectors use the same oil or less than the stock injectors.

I would add a billet compressor wheel to the list too.

Who's tuning are you running? You will need single shot tunes to run those

#8 · (Edited)
Blue99stroker my HPOP was leaking really good and had 270,000 miles on it that's why I up graded it. The turbo is rebuilt with a ported compressor housing. Put I'am going to go to the garret power max turbo to go a long with my new 180/30% injectors. Yes they are single shot You do need tunes to run them To get the full affect of the bigger injector I am running power hungry performance tunes free Reburn on my chip when I purchased the injectors.

#9 ·
You got it covered!
That will be a great setup

#10 ·
#19 ·
I am a bit late on a up date for you. But the new set up is amazing great power and towing is great went from 14.5 mpg to 17.5 I like the single shots better than split shot. I am doing a new cold air intake to match the setup. My old stage 2 AFE intake was to small for the injectors and power max turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Well I got my truck truck running with my new single shot stage 1.5 Full Force Diesel injectors. Well let me tell you what a big difference starts right up runs smooth better than my buddy's truck with 180,000 miles on his stock injectors. Once I get some miles on them I report fuel economy and any other changes I notice. Thanks for all the help and advice.

#12 ·
Well I have a update on the new injectors from full force diesel. After several trips pulling my camper in the mountains of Colorado I went from 14 mpg to 18 mpg. The truck starts so much better and runs smooth. I wanted to say thanks for all the help with this process.

#13 ·
Glad to hear it's working well for you!

I recently swapped in 160/30's as well and I am loving it.

#15 ·
Thank you it was a big jump I also did a hpop at the same time as the injectors plus new tunes on my Ts chip so it was a combination of all that plus a few fuel mods also.

#17 ·
Justin I just did the turbo I got the powermax GTP38R and what bigger difference. Can't wait to tow my camper now.

#20 ·
Which Intake did you have?

The stage 2 afe With the relocated battery flowed very well, more than enough for 375-395hp.

The afe Intake that sat in the factory location weren't as good.

#22 ·
I had this intake from AFE. I called there tech support and asked them if this flowed enough or my stage 1.5 and power max turbo. They said to go with the bigger filter that relocated the battery and bigger filter I did not want to spend $425 on it so I went with the 6637 mod from riffraff diesel.

#23 ·
Hi blue99stroker I was not clear that the one AFE recommended me get to replace my old one that sat in the stock air box. I did the 6637 mod instead a bit cheaper than the AFE unit.

#24 ·
ya 6637 is great, if you want, the S&B is a great filter for 299$

#25 ·
That is the afe Intake I thought you had. Those weren't that great.

The stage 2 is ridiculously priced.

The 6637 works well and is cheap.

#26 ·
Haven't been on here for a while, but am interested in this since I believe my injectors are going. I have been checking some sites on them and find not sure which to do. Have folks here run for many miles the replacements either new or rebuilt. Don't want to spend this kind of money and blow it. Also just so you know I do a lot of towing in the 8,000 to 12,000 lb range so from what I have saw I do not want to change much from stock. Any info on longevity would be helpful to help my decision. And please no bad mouthing a supplier here. I also see where it was said rebuild wear quicker, is that true to anyones knowledge?

#27 ·
New usually lasts longer. But the price is close to double that of a reman Remans.

It?s been awhile since I looked into it, but the poppet valves in the new injectors don?t last as long as the original equipment injectors.

I agree on staying stock injectors. That is the most reliable way to go.

PIS, rosewood, full force get my vote. No particular order of importance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.