Just received Bigg Boost from that guy in Kentucky. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bthor76
Just received Bigg Boost from that guy in Kentucky.

On the advice from the Powerstroke Help guy (Bill Hewitt) I went ahead and ordered the Bigg Boost mod.

I know from reading these forums that some of you don't care for his advice. He seems credible to me but I've been wrong before. This will be the first time I have acted on one of his suggestions. His reputation with me is riding on this mod because he talks so highly about it. If it works out I'll consider more mods suggested by him if not...oh well. Reminds me of the old saying "You pays your money and takes your chances."

I will install it this weekend. Fingers crossed that the hype is true.
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hello...hello...anyone out there? I would've thought people would've come out of the woodwork to comment. Anyways...I installed it. I can't feel any difference. Granted I haven't pulled a trailer or had any load on it since doing it but I sure don't feel the "30 ft lbs that I could feel in my seat.: I just don't feel any difference.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
What is it?
2000 F250 XLT 4x4 SC 7.3 w/Auto Tranny w/ TC L/U Sw & shift kit, Fully gaged, Cold air intake mods beyond zoodad, Stacked tuners, 4" Exhaust w/dual 3.5" outlets, 295/75/16 BFG ATs on 8" rims, 08 AlumDiffCvr, Bilsteins, otherwise mostly stock.
24' 5th wheel camping trailer, no RV parks...just the woods.
69mach1377 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

It consists of two small parts. One is simply a plastic nipple with a small hole in it and a short hose that is installed at the accuator for the wastegate. I'm no engineer but the hole in the nipple must allow a small amount of air in the vacuum line which keeps the wastegate closed longer I presume. Anyone can correct my theory if I'm wrong. The second piece...I don't know what it does. It's installed between the MAP sensor and a nipple in the cold air duct of the turbo. It's got an "in" nipple and an "out" nipple. Before installing I blew through it with no apparant diffuculty so I have no idea what this second piece does. I hope I didn't blow my hard earned $74.00 LOL
Old 09-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
I've been thinking about the TurboMaster wastegate controller...have you had the opportunity to tow with the Bigg Boost yet? I'm curious to know if it has helped.
1999.5 F350 CrewCab - 7.3 with 190k. New tranny at 130k. DP F5. Hi Idle/80e/80t/decel. 4" Turbo-back - DIY NAPA 6637 Intake. WW2 with new pedestal (non-EBPV), New Starter at 170k; gauges (Pyro, Tranny, Boost); 05/14- 4x new R300 rotors, EBC YellowStuff Pads, rebuilt Calipers.
TT was 2006 Sunny Brook Solanta 29RLS. (Not aerodynamic) -- Sold 11/13

New Toy Hauler. 2014 Outback 310TB. Picked it up in June -- dragged it from Detroit to Tampa and back to Newport RI!!

U.S. Navy RULES
In Newport RI.
straight flush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
I've watched some of his video's, some seem very interesting some are not. But he's not in Kentucky, his in Buford Georgia because I live not too far from his shop and needed a pinion seal replaced but because he is so busy, you leave a message and they call you back 2 days later, so I found a different diesel tech to take my business to.
PHP Hydra
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to rammertide07
Is that the only mod you have?

This was the first mod ever to my truck. I didn't notice anything either. But I can confirm that it does prevent the overboost code and the MAp sensor will not see over 24-23psi, which you would only be able to do with a tuner.
2001 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/ Aeroforce Interceptor/ BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/ 4" turbo back straight exhaust / CCV Mod /DIY 6637/ TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40 Tow WITH Whsiper tune, 80 Daily Driver, 100 Race, 140 Extreme, 140 smoke show)/160/stock FFD/PowerSlot rotors and green EBC pads/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Hood/HPx/FRx/GPR switch-Indicator

Louisiana Powerstroke Owners

7.3-6.7 info file

Power Stroke Dyno/Tech Site
rammertide07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Oh, so it's a boost fooler...
2000 F250 XLT 4x4 SC 7.3 w/Auto Tranny w/ TC L/U Sw & shift kit, Fully gaged, Cold air intake mods beyond zoodad, Stacked tuners, 4" Exhaust w/dual 3.5" outlets, 295/75/16 BFG ATs on 8" rims, 08 AlumDiffCvr, Bilsteins, otherwise mostly stock.
24' 5th wheel camping trailer, no RV parks...just the woods.
69mach1377 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69mach1377 View Post
Oh, so it's a boost fooler...
Yes, and IIRC the thing that goes on the waste gate solenoid limits the pressure going to it.
2001 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/ Aeroforce Interceptor/ BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/ 4" turbo back straight exhaust / CCV Mod /DIY 6637/ TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40 Tow WITH Whsiper tune, 80 Daily Driver, 100 Race, 140 Extreme, 140 smoke show)/160/stock FFD/PowerSlot rotors and green EBC pads/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Hood/HPx/FRx/GPR switch-Indicator

7.3-6.7 info file

Old 09-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

I've even purchased the RiffRaff boost code eleminator. Looks good but I don't think it was adjused correctly. I put it on my dad's 01 F250 and he was seeing 25-26psi (monitoring with AerforceIntercepto via OBD2). I know the Bigg Boost product is non adjustable, pretty sure the RiffRaff product is not either, but I would advise looking at the product page to confirm.

7.3-6.7 info file

Old 10-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Sorry for the delay in replying. I haven't noticied the slightest bit of difference. I've towed my trailer numerous times since installing it and zilch, nada, goose egg. No difference that I can notice. Keep in mind that I don't have any guages to measure the difference but the guy at Powerstroke.com said in his videos "Now that's something you're going to notice in the seat of your pants." BS. I think I've been had.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

To answer the question about was this the only mod I have...yes this is the only mod I have besides changing out the air filter with a K&N type filter.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

yup, probably a "sponsor" to his company. Just like the Proline added oil to the hpop.

You want a SOTP feel, unplug the redline and plug it to a "T" clamp bolt, on a cac tube. You defintly see that boost needle move.
timmyboy76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthor76 View Post
Sorry for the delay in replying. I haven't noticied the slightest bit of difference. I've towed my trailer numerous times since installing it and zilch, nada, goose egg. No difference that I can notice. Keep in mind that I don't have any guages to measure the difference but the guy at Powerstroke.com said in his videos "Now that's something you're going to notice in the seat of your pants." BS. I think I've been had.
As I've mentioned, if this is your only mod then you won't be seeing over 24-25 psi boost that would set the overboost code. At best you are making 19psi. The "Big Boost" is a boost fooler. So compare results with & w/o the boost fooler after you get a chip and gauges.

I've tried pulling the red line and didn't see any difference (by the gauge) or the butt-dyno.

7.3-6.7 info file

Old 10-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

you forgot the companion part to that mod.
sotp dyno lube...it only works with leather or vinyl seats.
if you smear some on the seat bottom you will feel huge improvements in power as you get thrown back into the seat.

JK.

get a chip from one of the site sponsors , any of the top ten tuners. you wont believe the difference it makes. Then it might take advantage of that mod...but a lot of the tuners tune around the defuel anyway.

enjoy your truck , if you want some good reading- google guzzle's 7.3 mods read away. also for homework watch a few you tube videos:
- cleaning your ebpv line, -trey spooner has a decent one I believe

- hutch and harpoon mods, or at least cleaning the fuel tank screens. ron just put out a good video.

-check your ball joints and hubs for play if your 4x4. (jack up one side of the truck, put a bar shovel handle etc and lightly lift the tire while looking at the ball joints, also check for movement in the 12 oclock 6 oclock rocking motion which would be hub play). powerstroke guy has a video showing hub play.

-powersteering flush to help brakes and steering (don't forget you use tranny fluid in a 7.3)-treyspooner's video is good

those are a good few for starters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.