The Diesel Stop banner

More DP Tuner Questions

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  NCHornet 
#1 ·
I am ordering the Xcal 2 with the 60hp tow, 80hp econo, and 120hp race. My question is should I get the caffeine or the decaf. tunes? (very sensative or less sensative) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
I dont guess I know what you mean. I didn't know his tunes were more or less "sensative". His customized tuning could be different. Perhaps you are referring to the tip in fueling when you get on the throttle? Just call or email Jody if you can't find what you need, he is very helpful and replies fast.

#3 ·
I too just ordered the SCT2 from Jody today but don't know what you are talking about "more or less sensative" I got the 60 tow and 80 econo, Jody recommended me getting the 120 race too, but I don't see a need for such a program. The 80econo dyno'd at 103 HP gain at the rear wheels and the 120 race at 140 something, that is a lot of horses to be adding and I don't want to break anything!!!! Besides my drag racing days are long gone and my son will be driving next year!!!! I gave some more info on the SCT2 on my other post where you asked some questions, you may want to check back in. I should have mine tomorrow because I live real close to Jody!!!

#4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I too just ordered the SCT2 from Jody today but don't know what you are talking about "more or less sensative" I got the 60 tow and 80 econo, Jody recommended me getting the 120 race too, but I don't see a need for such a program. The 80econo dyno'd at 103 HP gain at the rear wheels and the 120 race at 140 something, that is a lot of horses to be adding and I don't want to break anything!!!! Besides my drag racing days are long gone and my son will be driving next year!!!! I gave some more info on the SCT2 on my other post where you asked some questions, you may want to check back in. I should have mine tomorrow because I live real close to Jody!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

NC, you should have spent the aprox $50 bucks to go and get er done.

JMHO..........

Paul B

#5 ·
The caffeinated is more FUN! go for it!

You don't have ice and snow in the winter. if you had ice and snow, i'd vote for decaff.

doug "thinking of getting decaff for winter" miller

#6 ·
I just ordered one late last week (hasn't arrived yet) and opted for the "caffenated". Basically Jody had two sets of tunes for manual transmissions. The caffenated has more low end torque so it leaps forward a bit better than the decaf. Decaf is probably a bit safer to drive, but less fun. :)

#7 ·
What is cool about the SCT2 unit is all I have to do is call Jody and give him the 16 little numbers on the plastic card and he can email me the program and I am able to download it to the unit and and back to the truck. Pretty cool UH??? So if I get the bug for more power the extra ponies are just a phone call away.
Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.