Need some upgrade tips for new 99 7.3 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Need some upgrade tips for new 99 7.3

Just got a new 99 7.3 with 120,000 miles on it, want some more power and better MPG, new with the diesel upgrades and already have 4 inch exost and cold air intake! thinking about a chiping or ?? not clue was looking and the edge jucied and attitude, but i have been reading about the dp tuners? what to go with trying to keep all around 1000 buck or little more, less? what do peeps recmnd, and what settings to use and add ? please help greatly apprec!!!
ratchuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2008, 04:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

I just installed a DP-Tuner on my bone stock (for now at least) Van and I am floored by the difference! Raced a guy the other day with banks chip, exhaust and what ever else I don't even know.
I won.
It was a fantastic feeling.
Everyone talked me into getting a DP and now I'm passing on the secret. You'll love talking to Jody too, he's a super nice guy.
I've been cruising the 80E the most and it's wonderful but, when I set to 120Race I can't even get my Van to hook up, no joke! Go with a DP, you'll love it. And get the round gauge selector too, it's a solid unit.
2001 E-350 15 passenger 7.3. New motor: .030 over, ceramic piston tops w/teflon skirts, 16.1, hypermax rods-springs-fire rings, crower push rods, main girdle, h-11 headstuds, ported heads, srp1, 250/100's, 38r, regulated return, walbro pump, ceramic manifolds, ceramic bellowed up-pipes, DC Power 190alt, FluidDampr, BTS Transmission, Precision Torque Converter. On the way: Eaton TruTrac and CalTracs.
deltadrummer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2008, 05:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

x2

get a DP Tuner

previous trucks:
2001 F-250 PSD CC SWB 4" lift, 315's, DP Tuner..
late '99 F-350 PSD CC LWB 4" lift, 315's, DP......
early '99 F-250 PSD SC SWB short shifted 6-speed, 5" stacks, 5.5" lift, 4.30 gears, DP Tuner, etc....
1997 F-350 PSD 4x4, 4" lift, 35's, Superchips tuner

TRUCK PICS
dondiesel444 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
depends on if it is an early 99 or a 99.5..look for a build date
if it is say 3/99 or latter then it is a 99.5 but that is the chassis change for brakes etc..
motor could still be an early. if you have like 8 inches behind the turbo is is an early , if you can bearly fit your hand behind it it is a late.

as far as the basics it wont realy matter, as much
but turbo surge does. an early 99 wont surge. a 99.5 will eventualy surge,and need a wicked wheel or an ats housing .

but what your starter steps for mods are intake exhuast , chip, guages.

low budget build
DIY intake tymar 6637- 50$
walker btm muffler 70ish$

medium build
rpmoutlet. com moto blue exhuast possibly the S&B intake -should fit earlies but not 100%
ford ais intake from powerstroke shop.com will

high end magna or Mbrp exhuast
afe2 intake.

chip wise look at DI, DP, TS , Tonywild man any of them will make you smile big time

gauges -you should have at least an eg, boost and tranny are also nice

a vendor like dieselsite, or itp may be able to put together a package at a slight discount.
well worth a call.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for info so far guys! i already have guages and nice 4in exhaust and intake! its a late 99 to! i think i might get a dp and try it out i need to get some better MPG and extra power when i need it!
ratchuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
as yosemite sam says
great horny toads ,you already have those ....what are ya waiting fer' then

just running the 80 econo tune will pay for the chip in about a year if you drive 15000 miles
without using the 140 setting....ha ha good luck with that part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.