The Diesel Stop banner

Newbie with 7.3

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  caryt 
#1 ·
I recently purchased my first diesel, an early 1999 (Nov. 1998) F250 Superduty CrewCab 4x4. It has 228k and still runs great. Has a 4" exhaust from the turbo back, and I just installed a hypertech programmer. Looking into adding a few more mods, my plans are to purchase a Ford Severe Duty AIS with the foam fender cone. I was also planning on getting a CFM+ or an AFE, intake manifold, but they only fit the late 1999-2003 7.3's due to a bigger turbo and bigger intake plenums. My question, bet you were wondering when I was gonna get to it, are there any companies that make an aftermarket intake manifold for the early 7.3's? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Waste of money IMO. There are other areas to spend money on for more and real noticeable gains.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

#3 · (Edited)
Good advice.

#4 ·
Thanks RT, yea we aren't used to the wet roads anymore, haha. And rammertide, what are some things I could do on a budget?

#5 ·
Need to fill out your signature so we can help you out better. Do you have gauges??

And yes, definitely be careful on wet roads.

#6 ·
No guages yet. Planning on putting a boost guage and a trans. temp guage in the near future, if they are simple enough that I can do it myself.

#7 ·
They are simple, but EGT is the most important gauge to have.

#8 ·
Ok, thanks!

#10 ·
If you want to go with some custom tunes instead of the canned tunes on the Hypertech, feel free to contact me.

We can get you setup with a chip and some tunes that you will be more than happy with.
Ok, thanks. I'll keep you in mind. So far, no more than I do, the Hypertech is working fine. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.