T S Performance chip - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2005, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to gottarace
T S Performance chip

Hi All,
I'm looking at the 6 position chip from TS Performance.
Anybody running this on their PSD?
They have a auction on EBAY. 6 pos chip and air filter.
Has anyone got one of these?
Thanks for the help.
Todd "Gottarace"

TS 6 position, Wicked Wheel, CCV Mod, BRV, AIH delete, TC lockup Mod, foil delete, 4' open exaust with 5' tip.
My PSD http://photobucket.com/albums/v214/gottarace/
Other Toys:
88 Thunderbird Turbo coupe
01 Suzuki DRZ 400 (Dual Sport)
gottarace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2005, 01:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: T S Performance chip

I got my TS chip from Garret at blackclouddiesel.com, TS has some really nice programs. I went to DP when I did the injectors though. Garret was great to deal with and will be there after the sale for any questions.
2000 Black Excursion,PFC 2 piece rotors,Tipton tuned,BDP stage 2 singles, BDP H2E, AFE stage 2, Spearco 7.3, ITP Reg. return fuel system, Evans, BTS, 186,000 miles....And still goin' strong! Thanks Beansdieselperformance.com and Puredieselpower.com for all your help
BBBxcursion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2005, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

I like my TS but make sure you at least get a high flow muffler and get rid of the stock one...my EGT's were alittle hight until I welded in a straight pipe.
MY TRUCK--Early '99 (5/98) Single Cab 4X4 ZF6, homemade headache rack, custom bumper, full front replacement grill gaurd, TS 6 pos (stock/50/75/100/125,fuel7), 5" Turnout Stacks, Isspro pyro/boost gauges, homemade tymar, BDP Stage I Split Shots.
DADS TRUCK-1996 7.3 stock 220,000 trouble free miles
OLD RANCH TRUCK-1988 7.3 IDI (beat the absolute crap outa it) sold at 439,000 and still ran like a demon!!!
NEW RANCH TRUCK-1997 7.3 5sp 77000 miles, stock
nevinator_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2005, 12:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (12)

Before you install that TS chip. You might want to read this thread. If you haven't already.

Tom
(Paid For)2001 Ford PSD, Auto, 4X4, SC, SB, Toreador Red. AFE Stage II w/Pro7 intake, IAH Delete, DP Tuner Custom 6 Pos. Chip, FPR mod, HX mod, 203*T-Stat, BB Turbo, EBPV Delete, 4" exhaust. Map mod, Poontank, In-tank/Pre-pump, Sonnax/Tricum Kit, Mag-Hytec Trans/Diff pans, Full gauges on A-Pillar. 6.5" all spring lift. Dual remote reservoir shocks. Dual steering stabilizers. 37x12.50x17" Wheels/Tires. Roadmaxx all metal grill. (((XM))), 1000W Inverter, Amp/Subs, Fender turn signals. Paging Alarm/Remote Start/Turbo Cool Down Timer.

<font color="990000">My Pavement Princess</font>
kwazyca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)

i have a TS 6 bank chip. I have a VDH5 program. On the chip I have stock, high idle, 50, 75, 100, 140. I tow in the 75 setting, and I have NEVER had to back out of the throttle for EGT's. I rarely use the 50, and may have them take it out sometime. I love the chip, I love the settings. The truck is not loud, but a little injector noise is there. I get almost no smoke on the 75 setting. I get absolutely no smoke on the 50. Up from there, I get a little. On 140, I get noticeable smoke out the mirror, but nothing that is unmanageable. My EGT's are always within range. Once in a great while I will get close to 1250. Not very often though. I originally didn't like the shifting, when I first got my chip. My alternator would always turn off, the indicator light would come on, and I would have to cycle the key to get it to turn back on. I had always then had to back out to let it shift, because the rev limitation is gone. I have since changed alternators,c and now all is well. With the pedal on the floor, all the shifts are just firm enough. T/C lockup is awesome, always happens early in second gear. Which I like. I have had this chip in my truck for 35K miles. I have a stock transmission, with no mods to the tranny except for a tru cool max. My turbo just grenaded though. That was due to surge however. I like my TS chip, but I wouldn't mind trying something else, to see what it does. I would recommend getting one. For sure. Also, TS is offering their chips, directly off their site, www.tsperformance.com for a reasonable price. I would also suggest buying from a vendor here on this site.

'01 F-550
Boonman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2005, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

I had my Ts 4 poisition chip Reflashed by Dp-tuner... If that tells you anything... look at Dp-tuner chips...
2001 F-350 Supercab short bed, Ford AIC, Buckstop bumper, 2 80 PRO XT Piaa's, 4- 8in Explorer Pro Comp Lights, M12000 winch, K&n Fipk, Garret Gtp38R Turbo, banks power elbow, banks monster exhaust, 6.0 Litre Intercooler, Dp-Tuner 4 poisition chip 60-80 econo-120-140, Banks Six gun,PSC Ram Assist, Autometer Oil temp, Diff temp, Oil Pressure, Water temp, Intake Air temp, Tranney temp, Voltmeter, Pyrometer, Boost Gauges. 12in lift 8in Spring Packs, 3.5in hanger up front and blocked 5in Out back, Goodyear G-124's 265/70/19.5, Spitzlift crane, Snow performance water/meth injection, Suncoast triple disk converter, Tru-cool tranny cooler, Mag hytec tranny pan, 4.30's and Front and Rear Lockers. Towing the vette is FUNNN
CorvetteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 07:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Question TS vs. DP Tuners

I've also seen the listing on Ebay for the TS Tuner Chip. I also looked up the DP-Tuner chip as well. The DP Chip is $200 where the TS tuner is $385. What's the difference in the chips to make up the extra $185. And is it worth the Money???
nikkijax2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

i have a ts 6 positions chip. wow i got mine before they started charging a lot. only paid $200 brand new. i am very happy with my chip. it has stock, high idle, 50, 75, 100, 140 settings. i drive in 50 most of the time. i use to have a banks chip. i do not recomend the banks. the ts made the engine more responsive then the banks.
2002 F-250: CREW CAB: SHORT BED: 4X4IESEL: 6SPD MANUAL: ALUMINUM AIR INTAKE: 4" BANKS DOWN PIPE: CUSTOM MADE 5" DUAL EXHAUST IN FRONT OF REAR WHEELS: TS PERFORMANCE 6POSITION 140HP: AUTOMETER GAUGES ON PILLAR AND ON INSTRUMENT CLUSTER: DUAL FRONT SHOCKS: DUAL STEERING STABILIZER: KYB MONOTUBE SHOCKS AND STEERING STABILIZER: LIFTED 2INCHES: TOYO OPEN COUNTRY AT TIRES LT285/75/17 LOAD RANGE E: 17" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS: CUSTOM MADE WHEEL SPACERS: WARN HUBS: POWER SLOT FRONT BRAKE ROTORS: HAWK SD BRAKE PADS UP FRONT: SMOKED CAB LIGHTS: SMOKED TAIL LIGHTS: POLK AUDIO 10" SUBS IN HOMEMADE BOXES: SONY HEAD UNIT AND SPEAKERS: KENWOOD AMP
claw444 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
DMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkijax2003 View Post
I've also seen the listing on Ebay for the TS Tuner Chip. I also looked up the DP-Tuner chip as well. The DP Chip is $200 where the TS tuner is $385. What's the difference in the chips to make up the extra $185. And is it worth the Money???
If you're talking about the F5 chip at $200.00 you are correct. That however is for a blank, 16 position chip. Add the programs you want to the chip from $25 to $50 each. A typical 6 position chip will run you close to $500 with a switch. I just got mine this week and will install this weekend.
2000 White F250 Short Bed CC, 4x4 ESOF Auto 3.73 LS, Tri Pillar Mount Isspro Gages, DP Tuner (F5), AIS Intake, 3.5 downpipe to 4" thru, Cobra CB, Tekonsha Sentinel, Tekonsha Defender, JVC, 480 Watts, Bazooka Sub, 12 Disc CD Changer,XM Radio, Hadley Air Horns, Ride-Rites With Dash Mounted Control System, Roll-N-Lock Cover, Isspro TTM, Nerf Bars and more.
Pulling a 28.5' Wildwood TT Double Slide
DMA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2010, 02:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

I've got a TS chip with a re-burn from Tony Wildman for sale. If interested, PM me!
AFE Stage II Intake
Magnaflow 4" Exhaust w/ Muffler Delete
sobelizelixir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

TS Chip question, the pcm had a ground clip that grounded the pcm case to the steel mounting bracket (the 7mm screw passed thru this and the plastic enclosure). Now I added the chip, cut out the plastic enclosure to fit the wire to the switch and the pcm sits a little forward. Do I need to ground the pcm case again?
97fdexp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.