The Diesel Stop banner

T S Performance chip

30K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  97fdexp 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I'm looking at the 6 position chip from TS Performance.
Anybody running this on their PSD?
They have a auction on EBAY. 6 pos chip and air filter.
Has anyone got one of these?
Thanks for the help.
Todd "Gottarace"

#2 ·
I got my TS chip from Garret at blackclouddiesel.com, TS has some really nice programs. I went to DP when I did the injectors though. Garret was great to deal with and will be there after the sale for any questions.

#3 ·
I like my TS but make sure you at least get a high flow muffler and get rid of the stock one...my EGT's were alittle hight until I welded in a straight pipe.

#4 ·
Before you install that TS chip. You might want to read this thread. If you haven't already.

Tom

#5 ·
i have a TS 6 bank chip. I have a VDH5 program. On the chip I have stock, high idle, 50, 75, 100, 140. I tow in the 75 setting, and I have NEVER had to back out of the throttle for EGT's. I rarely use the 50, and may have them take it out sometime. I love the chip, I love the settings. The truck is not loud, but a little injector noise is there. I get almost no smoke on the 75 setting. I get absolutely no smoke on the 50. Up from there, I get a little. On 140, I get noticeable smoke out the mirror, but nothing that is unmanageable. My EGT's are always within range. Once in a great while I will get close to 1250. Not very often though. I originally didn't like the shifting, when I first got my chip. My alternator would always turn off, the indicator light would come on, and I would have to cycle the key to get it to turn back on. I had always then had to back out to let it shift, because the rev limitation is gone. I have since changed alternators,c and now all is well. With the pedal on the floor, all the shifts are just firm enough. T/C lockup is awesome, always happens early in second gear. Which I like. I have had this chip in my truck for 35K miles. I have a stock transmission, with no mods to the tranny except for a tru cool max. My turbo just grenaded though. That was due to surge however. I like my TS chip, but I wouldn't mind trying something else, to see what it does. I would recommend getting one. For sure. Also, TS is offering their chips, directly off their site, www.tsperformance.com for a reasonable price. I would also suggest buying from a vendor here on this site.

#6 ·
I had my Ts 4 poisition chip Reflashed by Dp-tuner... If that tells you anything... look at Dp-tuner chips...

#9 ·
I've also seen the listing on Ebay for the TS Tuner Chip. I also looked up the DP-Tuner chip as well. The DP Chip is $200 where the TS tuner is $385. What's the difference in the chips to make up the extra $185. And is it worth the Money???:ford:
If you're talking about the F5 chip at $200.00 you are correct. That however is for a blank, 16 position chip. Add the programs you want to the chip from $25 to $50 each. A typical 6 position chip will run you close to $500 with a switch. I just got mine this week and will install this weekend.:thumbsup:

#8 ·
i have a ts 6 positions chip. wow i got mine before they started charging a lot. only paid $200 brand new. i am very happy with my chip. it has stock, high idle, 50, 75, 100, 140 settings. i drive in 50 most of the time. i use to have a banks chip. i do not recomend the banks. the ts made the engine more responsive then the banks.

#10 ·
I've got a TS chip with a re-burn from Tony Wildman for sale. If interested, PM me!:thumbsup:

#11 ·
TS Chip question, the pcm had a ground clip that grounded the pcm case to the steel mounting bracket (the 7mm screw passed thru this and the plastic enclosure). Now I added the chip, cut out the plastic enclosure to fit the wire to the switch and the pcm sits a little forward. Do I need to ground the pcm case again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.