The Diesel Stop banner

Ts chip problem

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  blue99stroker 
#1 ·
I just installed new stage 1.5 single shot injectors and had my Ts chip reburned. I put it back in and have no wait to start light. I checked with my scanner and it said no commutation. Took chip out noticed it was not pushed on all the way on one side my fault cleaned chip and ecm put back in same thing no wait to start light. Tried 2more time's clean Ecm with no luck. Then I tryed with no chip and got the fuel pump and the wait to start light so ecm still good. Do you guys think the chip is bad or did the reborn not take. Also the same chip has been in my truck for 3 years with no problems. Any help would be great thanks Mike.

#2 ·
Definitely either the chip or the connection.
Not uncommon to have to have the strip retinned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Ya I still have the tinting on the the Ecm. If you read TS PERFORMANCE web site it says to take it to copper so not sure I think the chip is either bad or the re burn did not take. We will see come Monday.

#4 ·
Did you take it to copper?
Have no clue why there's says that, that is completely wrong.

#5 ·
There is copper showing through the silver layer.

#6 ·
Then I would almost bet it needs retinned.

#7 ·
Just a little update got the truck running with no chip. I did some tests that full force diesel wanted me to do and it turns out the chip is bad. So there are going to send me a new chip. I will update when I get that I hope Friday.

#8 ·
I hope it's just the chip, but don't be surprised if you have to send in the pcm.

#9 ·
Well I got the new chip with tunes on it and slipped it in and I got my wait to start light and fuel pump. I believe my first chip was reburned wrong. It had
1.heavy tow
2.light tow
3.daily
4.performance
5.race
6.extreme
The second chip had
1.stock
2.hevy tow
3.light tow
4.daily
5.performance
6.extreme

So I believe that the chip has to have the Stock tune in the first in order to have a chip that works the was it should. Been driving it a little bit and man what a big difference from the old TS tunes. Again thanks for all the help

#10 ·
Well I have a update the new tunes on my Ts chip what a amazing difference so much better tunes. The power curve is better the tranny works way better and a gain of 3.5 mpg just love it.

#11 ·
If you ever upgrade anything else go with the hydra. They can email you tunes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.