The Diesel Stop banner

V-Band clamp for turbo discharge

6K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  DieselManor 
#1 ·
The worm drive V-Band clamp holding the X-Pipe to the discharge side of the compressor broke during GTP38R installation. Anyone have the specs for the original? I would like to upgrade to a t-bolt if possible (has anyone done this?). If not, does anyone have the part number for the OEM clamp?

Thanks!

-Chad

#2 ·
....anyone?

-Chad

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. The correct OEM part# is 1831214c1 (this is for the discharge side of the compressor). I ordered it from 1stford, but they appear to be on backorder; so I guess my truck will sit for a bit.

I am more curious to know if anyone has diverged from the OEM clamp, and 'upgraded' to a non-worm drive (t-bolt and the like) style of clamp for this location (between the turbo and the x-pipe).

-Chad

#6 ·
I have some if you want one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif PM me.

In only Fords brilliant wisdom, they only package that clamp in quantities of 5!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

Needless to say, I have 4 brand new ones that have been laying around in my pile of parts for over a year now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

#7 ·
Bah! I just received an email from 1stford indicating that they shipped. Thanks anywho Greg.

-Chad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.