Aftermarket Radio/DVD/CD/Navigation - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket Radio/DVD/CD/Navigation

I would like to update the factory stereo in my 03 F-350. I would like it to have DVD, CD, Navigation. Looking for any suggestions. Ford, Kenwood, Alpine what do you think? I do not want to spend a fortune. Thanks.

2005 Taurus.
shrkfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Re: Aftermarket Radio/DVD/CD/Navigation

I liked the pioneer unit..when it came out, though I haven't kept up with them much .So other models might be better.

they all seem pretty pricy though. might be nice to have a rear camera option to.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Pioneer AVIC Z1. Waiting to save up my pennies to get one. ECLIPSE makes a pretty nice one too.
sergeantnic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2007, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
Pioneer AVIC Z1. Waiting to save up my pennies to get one. ECLIPSE makes a pretty nice one too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may have waited to long. Seems like you can't get one at a decent price anymore as they have stopped production for the new Avic Z2 that is suppossed to hit the stores in April. I have seen a few lately at full retail for over $2200 when just a month ago they were $1600 - $1800 brand new with manufactuers warranty.
mjlepak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2007, 12:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have the alpine W200 It is awsome, DVD, ipod,sat radio and nav via the black bird for 700 more, and I can take the black bird to any car.
plus touch screen,
It runs about a grand.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have a pioneer avic n2. got it on ebay about 8 months ago for $900. it has DVD, nav, CD, etc.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

shrkfan....

first, a few choices....<font color="blue"> pioneer avic Z1, alpine iva-w200 + alpine nav , eclipse , kenwood DDX8019 + kenwood G510 (garmin) </font> , clarion MAX675VD + clarion nav

not sure if you're looking for a double-dinn unit or not, but i've been trying to make a decision for quite awhile now. i'm wanting to ditch my factory 6-cd 2dinn and keep my garmin SP3 on my bike. for me, the nav is crutial. garmin users are spoiled, and to replace one with something else is tough. i'm also certain i want a hdd (hard drive) based nav system instead of a disc-based system. the poi's aren't really my thing, though i suppose it's something to consider. the main difference between navs is either TeleAltlas or <font color="blue">NAVTEQ </font> i prefer navteq.

all of the listed units are touch screen, sat radio ready, ipod ready, can manage a rear camera, and each have some specific bells and whistles of their own (bluetooth, mp3/wav storage, etc.)

i was almost sold on the pioneer, see this , awesome unit with great features and cool interface, however the nav software seemed to be the weakest part.

i still haven't decided which to get [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] i guess i'm seeing how long i can hold out, and hoping some fancy "new technology" will be my reward for patience.

good luck [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/depressed.gif[/img]

mods: high idle (aux 4)

still researching: level/lift/tire options (on stock KR 18"rims), in-dash nav/music/rear camera systems, on-board air compressor/tank, AC inverter, upfitter uses
mikenselah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2007, 08:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)

Z1 here...very happy with it. It does a whole lot very well...the z2 is just a software upgrade as I understand it. I use mine with a:

ipod
6disc cd changer
bluetooth phone
bak up camera
and the voice regog. is top notch
also retained factory steering wheel controls
Road Armor Stealth Bumper with Titan Guard, BFG AT 305's, AR Mojave Teflon's, Tint, Stereo, Remote Start Alarm, Strobes,MBRP Turbo Back T-409 Stainless Steel Exhaust System, AFE Pro Guard 7 Mega System, Edge Insight, Coolant Filter, ARP Studs, Hybrid Turbo, EGR delete
http://bbonepics.shutterfly.com/
1999 Ford F250 CC LB 4x4 7.3L
DP F5, MBRP 4", AFE Satge II,Garrett Power Max Ball-Bearing Turbo,80hp injectors DM 3 pod, 95 Gallon Transfer/Toolbox Chest, BGF AT 295's, AR Mojave Teflon's,Tint, Road Armor Stealth Base Front Bumper with Lonestar Guard
BenBone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

I've got the Eclipse AVN-5500 and I love it. DVD, CD, NAV, Satellite radio, back up camera. Here are some pics. Enjoy your purchase!

Eclipse1
Eclipse2
Eclipse3

LariatPSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.