In dash navigation??? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2006, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
In dash navigation???

Anyone have any comments or pictures of in dash navigation systems for an 04 F350? I want something that fits in the factory location and has a 6" screen or so that DOES NOT flip out. I want the style that has a touch screen and appears factory.
EightSecV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2006, 02:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (13)
Re: In dash navigation???

I have a couple of photos of my Eclipse Unit here. The screen does open out though -- but only to get the disks out (I don't think I have opened it yet except to test it).
Old 05-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)

I am also interested in a factory looking unit. I would also like to have an integrated XM radio receiver.

I wonder if the Expedition Navigation/Radio could be utilized?
2007 GMC Sierra SLT CC CRW 4X4
jharr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2006, 11:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have just finish installing a Pioneer AVIC Z1 and a Rosen DVD player in my 2006 F350. Absolutley love it, Looks factory. In my opinion, it's the best system out there.

The AVIC-Z1 includes XM/Sirus/Ipod/Navigation/Music Library (30 Gig Hard drive) blue tooth capable cell phone operation and other things I haven't figured out yet. Has more features than I will probally ever use. I have it set up so that I can put in a DVD and control the rear DVD player for my son, or I can put the DVD in the rear player and a different DVD up front. Pretty awesome when I consider that I used to have 8 track tapes in the 70's. Makes you wonder what they will have in another 30 years.

Jeff
Jwarren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2006, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (20)

Like Jwarren said the Pioneers are excellent units.

D1
Z1
thetonka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

I just put an Alpine IVA-W200 in my truck. It's a Double DIN unit with a 6.5" LCD touch screen, and Alpine has options for XM and Nav (plus excellent iPod controls built in to this model).

I have a Garmin StreetPilot 2610 GPS, so I'm not messing with the Alpine Nav. But I did put in the XM tuner and iPod cable, and, other than the head unit itself and the XM antenna, which I put on the dash up by the windshield (with the cable routed behind the dash, so you can't see it), you see NOTHING that is non-factory. My iPod is in the little glove box by the driver's knee. The XM tuner module itself is behind the dash, in a little hole behind the main glove box, and the XM controller module is behind the head unit, mounted to a large round tube that runs through the dash from one side of the truck to the other. The W200 is not as deep as the stock radio, either.

Also, Alpine has a Bluetooth handsfree add-on coming out shortly. I plan to get that, too. It plugs into the head unit and has a microphone to be mounted somewhere. With that, all you need is a Bluetooth-compatible cell phone and the truck stereo becomes your handsfree phone module. When you get a call, the stereo will automatically mute and the sound will come through the truck's speakers. Nifty. And, again, minimal non-Factory stuff cluttering up the cab.

I know the '04 and older SuperDuty trucks aren't Double DIN, but guys have posted that they installed DDIN units with only minor trimming. And the W200 is actually a fair bit shorter than the stock radio in my '06, so maybe it would fit in an '04 just fine.

ps. I got my W200 from SavingLots.com for $812, delivered.
'05 KTM 525 EXC (wheelie city)
'00 Honda XR650R (the ultimate off-road vehicle [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
'02 Honda XR80 (for my nieces)
StuartV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Check my sig
04 6.0 EB PSD Excursion, 4x4, 7" Superlift 10 leaf system, 315 BFG AT's, DVD System, Pioneer GPS NAV, iPod connection, Remote Start Alarm, 6 Infinity 5x7's, 2 amps, 2 Infinity 10" subs, 3 Pillar Gauges, 4" Magnaflow SS TB exhaust, Bilstein shocks, 8" Pro Comp lights, and airbags.

PICS http://community.webshots.com/user/skygod73
skygod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.