Deka Batteries - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Deka Batteries

Has anyone heard / used these batteries?

There's a diesel shop here in town that has had very good luck with them...better than the Interstates they used to carry.
3.73 LS: BTS Transmission, DP-Tuner Custom Tuned chip, Full WD gauges, AFE Stage II, Diamond Eye Exhaust system from GOS Racing, Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover, ATS Ported Shroud, Pre-pump and Tank Mods, and a Powerstroker E-brake.
wolfdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Deka Batteries

Deka is one of the old, established battery manufacturers in the US. They used to be headquartered in Reading, PA. Don't know if they are still there. They make the house brand for Batteries + among others. They make a good, competitive product.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2008, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

I drive 40 miles past a dozen other battery places to one particular store that sells Deka's. They're worth the drive! I pay $100 apiece for the batt's that go in my SD's and consider the money very well spent. I also have two Deka 6-volts wired in series on my TT and I can't kill 'em. Even after 3-4 days of running the lights/furnace with no shore line or generator they are good to go. Good Stuff.
2000 F350 7.3L CC/LB 4X4 XLT/6-speed/DP-Tuner/Bean's 1.0 with WW/4" turbo-back exhaust/AIS/Isspro EV's/285-75-16 Goodyear Wrangler PRO-GRADE/LS monotube shocks/Prodigy trailer brake controller/zoodad/leveling kit/All red - what other color would a firefighter have?

2002 F250 7.3L CC/LB 4X4 Lariat/4R100/DP-Tuner/Bean's Van Turbo with WW/Isspro EV's/4 inch lift/285-75-16 Goodyear Wrangler PRO-GRADE/LS monotube shocks/AIS/4" turbo-back exhaust/zoodad/ALL Black - wife's truck

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!
FireHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys...that's what I was hoping to hear.
3.73 LS: BTS Transmission, DP-Tuner Custom Tuned chip, Full WD gauges, AFE Stage II, Diamond Eye Exhaust system from GOS Racing, Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover, ATS Ported Shroud, Pre-pump and Tank Mods, and a Powerstroker E-brake.
wolfdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

x3 on Dekas. Run them in my truck and in the boats.
2000 F250 SD CC 4x4 PSD Lifted, AFE, 4" Exhaust, DI oil cross-over, SCMT, Garmin GPS V, Line-X'd RanchHand front/rear bumpers, Isspro gauges, EBPV deleted, Air intake heater deleted, Coolant by-pass filter, Pre-pump mod., Fuel tank harpooned
1999 F250 SD 4x4 '04 Cummins engine, '06 axles and suspension, BTS Trans.
Aggie007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2008, 10:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Deka batteries are great. I live 5 miles away from the plant. Since I am so close I can drive right to the plant and get them, they even put them in for free. The best deal is the factory 2nds. They might have a slight scratch on them, but they are sometimes over 50% off.

Also, they come in Harleys and Freightliners from the factory.
3.73 Limited slip
ESOF, Power rear sliding window, FX4 package
Tele/HTD/lighted mirrors
Pioneer AVIC-N3 navagation/ roof lights
Adjustable accel/brake pedal
Reverse sensors/ heated seats
polished cab steps
MFD 02/04
Edge Insight with turbo timer and EGT probe
Sirius Satellite Radio
XM Radio
XM Navtraffic
2004fx4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

I replaced my optimas with the Deka Intimidator series and won't buy anything else again, will use Deka from now on.
2000 Excursion, DP Tuner, AFE Stage 2 Pro-Guard 7, 4" catback, triple gauges, dual shock kit, Pro comp MX-6's, Mag-hytec tranny pan, 200 amp DB Electrical alternator and high-torque starter, Deka Intimidators, Precision Billet Turbo ,
sportsgamble1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2008, 08:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Same here all good things. I use them in my diesel and gas farm tractors, diesel irrigation pumps, both trucks. Good batteries.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)

Yep, I drive down to the factory and pick them up too. The 2nds definately are a good deal. Great batteries. I put them in everything.
BTM and 5" curved stacks
6637 filter, Coolant Bypass
CCV (smells like an old tractor)
Other stuff: SS Nerfs, Flddwn Gooser
DIY Exh. brake, Jordan Ultima, Cobra 29NH, Husky Bedbox, front lugnut covers.

Going in real soon: York air compressor, ARB locker and Mag Hytech Cover!
SuperDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have an interesting story on Deka batteries! We run them in all our farm equip. and have had great luck. Our 100H.P. turbo diesel 200 Allis Chalmers loader/mowing tractor had 2 of them in it. I went out to blade some snow a couple of winters ago and the tractor would not start, it was only 30 degrees. I don't have electricity in the shed where the tractor was, so I started to take the batteries out to bring them in for a charge. I took the first battery out and reached in to get the 2nd battery out, i did'nt weigh as much as the first one. When I got it out I noticed the positive cable was broke and the entire back of the battery had frozen and busted out!! The surprising thing was the battery had a bunch of shredded grass and crap inside the broken case!! I guess the battery had frozen and busted the winter before cause it was not charging due to the bad cable. The tractor had started weekly for around a year on only 1 battery!!! Oh yeah, the batteries I took out were 11 YEARS OLD, NO JOKE!!! I just threw them both in the truck and went to town and bought 2 new Dekas' Anyway, that is my story. Catch ya later, Brian
6GEARS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2008, 02:10 AM   #11 (permalink)

My Photos: (11)
Send a message via AIM to CDX825 Send a message via Yahoo to CDX825
I agree with the others Dekas are very good batteries!
CDX825 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

My Photos: (25)
They sound like a great battery, but their sales dept says the closest retailer is in Birmingham, about a 100 miles away.

Any good on-line retailers?

Thanks,

Al
Old 01-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

I run them in my 95 PSD, 94 Lightning, 2001 Kenner and the 96 Firestar. Good batterys.
95 F350 cc, 4x4, 5sp with a short shift kit, 3.55LS, D66 turbo, Beans stage 1's inj, modded ped, 15/17* HPOP [Thanks Joey] DIY fuel system, IDM mod ,hx mod, DPR intercooler, 3" intakes 3" dp, 4" side out, 2piller w/boost&pyro, steering column mount w/hpop gauge, TW chip, AFE stage 1, ccv mod, DIY oil & coolant filter setups, John Deere coolant eye, ORU RSK, Black Centerline wildcats w/Hankook RT03 315-75-16 mt, front bumper w/8" Hellas and a CT performance rear bumper/tire carrier, 05 SD front and rear seats.

Trying to find time to install Con O clutch, Ford rear diff cover, Blackbird rear disc brake setup.
I have two Kids and they come first...

http://community.webshots.com/user/TECH5150
TECH51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.