Dynatrac Hub Conversion - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2007, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dynatrac Hub Conversion

How many of you have had this conversion? I have noticed in a 4wheel parts add that it could add 4mpg. How much did this kit raise your mpg?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2007, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (28)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: Dynatrac Hub Conversion

I don't have the kit.....but not one person I have heard that has it has experienced any sort of mileage gain...
Old 11-22-2007, 10:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (21)

I think the ads are making the claim for the newer dodges, not the fords. I think it's because the hubs never disengage on them.
By going to the Dynatrac hubs, the ability to disconnect the axle shafts and reduce rotating mass is supposed help alot.

My brother has the kit on his 06 dodge, and it gave him a noticeable milage increase.
2006 F-350 SRW. Detroit Locker, ID SCT XCAL 2-extreme street, DR 2.5" levelling kit, 35" BFG Mud-Terrain's, Black Legend Ranch Hand, A.I.C./B.C.P. mod, Alpine in-dash TV, two Kaption 10" subs behind rear seat, Clarion amp, Kaption component sets,,,,more to come.
cugnet2m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2007, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

maybe 1 0r 2 mpg for me , it payed for itself since i bought it 2 years ago, havent replaced a wheel bearing yet, i just took them out and re packed them with grease last weekand and everything was great.half hour each side

99.5 F-250 psd crew cab short bed, 235,000 miles all orignal motor minus 2 oil pans, 6 inch Bds lift, 2 inch shackles, 38in 14.50 Toyo M/T, 16x10 M/T classic II rim, warn lock outs, dyna trac wheel bearing kit, Duel BDS Duel steering stablizers , Superlift Shocks, Dp tuner 80,120,140, Bully dog 4 inch turbo back straight piped , 5in tip, Zoodad mod, DIY intake, wicked wheel, Auto Meter sport comps, AiH Plug, Billet torque converter, Sonnax/Tricum Kit
99SD250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2007, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

On the same note, I need to replace my kingpin balljoints -- the mechanic recommends Moog joints.

I'm tempted to have him install the Dynatrac free-spin kit while he's at it, but I'd like to hear some advice on that.

Is it worth ponying up an extra $1200 or so to get the full "combo" kit with crossover steering? Given that I have a 6" lift and 35" tires?
'02 F350 4x4 CC, PSD, VDH2 PCM, SCT Xcal2 (DPTuner 60t, 80e, 100p), AIS Severe Duty intake, Walker BTM (55kmi), 3.73 SRW, 6" Pro-comp lift, Dynatrac Free-Spin Kit (65kmi), Toyo MT 315/75-16 (64kmi), C-BETR Mirrors, rebuilt Motorcraft 4R100 (43kmi), new CPS (46kmi), 6.0 CAC, 6.0 Tranny cooler, 88kmi
ADStryker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.