Eagle Eyes on an 05 F350 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Eagle Eyes on an 05 F350

Looking at this little kit for a next upgrade. Anyone do something similar? Thoughts?

05 07 Ford F250 F350 CCFL Halo Projector Headlights Black w LED Tail Lights | eBay
Stolen and I've never been happier to file a police report-05 F350, 6.0, K&N intake, Magna Flow 4", Edge Insight CTS, Sinister bypass coolant/oil filter system, Sinister EGR cooler delete w/up pipe, Sinister oil cooler replacement.
Junkers88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
contact caryt on here he was in a discussion about that project a few weeks ago. he sells them. he can tell you the good and the bad kits and why they are or are not good.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

I just did a similar kit (headlights only) on my 02' F350. I'm already looking at retro kits to put into the stock headlights instead. The bulbs that come in these headlights are smaller h1 and dont emit much light. I put h1 HID's in mine and although they do look good and provide plenty of light getting them aimed properly has been a huge headache. These aftermarket lights dont fit perfect like stock ones so expect to have to trim some of your grill behind the headlight and be prepaired to fuss with it to get proper alignement of the beams. My passanger side went it smooth as butter after the trimming, the drivers side is what's giving me the most pain. Go for a retro kit instead IMHO. You'll be much happier in the long run.
sledparty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have a set of eagle eyes (just stock replacements) and I'm happy with the quality. I'm not sure if you're looking to go with HIDs or not, but if you are....you should look for a projector that is designed for HIDs.

LASB turbo from Irate Diesel
Bellowed up-pipes
4" turbo back exhaust
Gauges (EGT, Trans Temp, Boost)
AFE Stage 2 XP Pro Guard 7
DP Tuner F6 (no start, stock, 80e, 60e, 60t)
AIH delete and CCV mod
F650 Dash with Carling switches
2002 Headlights with FX-R HID bi-xenon projector retrofit and 50W 5000K bulbs
53fordguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53fordguy View Post
I have a set of eagle eyes (just stock replacements) and I'm happy with the quality. I'm not sure if you're looking to go with HIDs or not, but if you are....you should look for a projector that is designed for HIDs.
Ditto on the Eagle Eyes stock replacement, huge improvement over the old lenses from 2001....
1990, 1996, 2000 and 2002 7.3 powerstrokes...after a 2004 6.0 and a brief trip to the dark side with a Duramax, back with a 2001 F350, DWR, Crewcab, shortbed project truck. So far: Troy Tranny, turbo back magnaflow, bearings, rotors and gas shocks all around, replaced stock 5k hitch with new 15k hitch, rhinolined the bed, JVC nav, Alpine separates, JBL 12s, DP Tuner, Insight, analog EGT, OP and ECT, new interior, and thanks to a link found on Dieselstop, a new factory wood steering wheel...rebuilt turbo, more later
2007 Corvette

www.tunersportfishing.com
Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

When you guys say a "stock replacement" do you mean these?

05 06 07 Ford F 250 F 350 Superduty Projector CCFL Headlights Tail Lights | eBay
Stolen and I've never been happier to file a police report-05 F350, 6.0, K&N intake, Magna Flow 4", Edge Insight CTS, Sinister bypass coolant/oil filter system, Sinister EGR cooler delete w/up pipe, Sinister oil cooler replacement.
Junkers88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Sorry for the delay, I've been on the road quite a bit lately. To answer your question, no not those. Mine look just like the headlight housings that came stock on the 02-04 (could be wrong on the years) trucks. They are just the halogen housing with the clear front lens.

LASB turbo from Irate Diesel
Bellowed up-pipes
4" turbo back exhaust
Gauges (EGT, Trans Temp, Boost)
AFE Stage 2 XP Pro Guard 7
DP Tuner F6 (no start, stock, 80e, 60e, 60t)
AIH delete and CCV mod
F650 Dash with Carling switches
2002 Headlights with FX-R HID bi-xenon projector retrofit and 50W 5000K bulbs
53fordguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.