Fog Light Harness Upgrade - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2005, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fog Light Harness Upgrade

Everyone talks about the headlight harness upgrade all the time.... has anyone done a harness for their fog lights yet?
2008, F-250, FX4, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Oxford White w/ Black Interior, Dual Alternators, Sat. Navigation & Radio, Overhead DVD System, ESOF, Solid Rear Window, 3.73 Limited Slip, Upfitter Switches, Tow Command System w/ Power Scope Mirrors, Power Seats, and the Reverse Aid Sensor - Edge Insight Monitor, 2.5" Icon Lift Kit, Icon 2.5" Piggy-Back Shocks, KMC Beadlocks w/ 33" Toyo M/T's, MBRP DPF back exhaust, Recon mirror lights, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Line-X, MotoBar, Gentex Temp/Direction Mirror, Baja Designs 22" Onx Pro Light Bar
RRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2005, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Fog Light Harness Upgrade

It can and has been done. The problem however, even with the increased voltage and switching to 9006 bulbs, the lenses on the factory foglights distort some of the light output. You can certainly see the difference at least in the one I saw.
wildbill1963 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2005, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Can anyone tell me what the headlight harness is all about? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]
Mangolia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2005, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)

basically the Ford wiring has a bit of voltage drop inherient in its configuration so you don't get max voltage on the bulbs.

Easiest thing to do is go to WalMart and get a couple of Silver Stars and then order the harness at

http://www.suvlights.com/

so you get full battery voltage on them and enjoy. About $140.00 total.
Traded March 2013
2008 F450 CC Lariat White/Gold, JAD Solutions Lights, 62 Gal Titan, B&W Hitch, Gold Remote Start, TruckTrunk box, Viair 550+2x2.5gal receiver, 2010 NAV and Sync
---------------------
Traded In Nov 07:
2003 F250 CC LB XLT 4x2 PowerStroke, Captains Chairs, White/Parchment, Torqshift, Heated Mirrors, Trailer hitch
guardrail22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2005, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Good info guardrail. Thanks
Mangolia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2005, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)

My XLT didnt come with factory fog lights, I would like to add them in the "Factory" holes in the bumper, what the best to use? whats the best way to switch them?

Thanks

2004/1997 Powerstroke Pics, Ford 9N Tractor,6.0 Bible
dwelch1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2005, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Bobcat698

We carry the Heavy Duty Harness and bulbs for the 9007 and 9008 systems on our site. You could read about the advantage through this link
TS Performance chips, SCT, Edge Products, AFE, Superchips, Diablo, Autometer & Dipricol Gauges, Turbo Air Guides, MBRP & Magnaflow Exhaust, Aeroturbine, ATS, Hypertech, Steroid & 18K modules, South Bend Clutches & more!
Get STACKED with a 4,5,6, or 7 Inch STACK kit!
Call us for your exhaust pipe needs!
Superior Customer Service, FAST Shipping!

Garrett Shields
OWNER
715-498-0707 Call ANYTIME!
www.PUREDIESELPOWER.com

New Rig: 1998 Dodge 2500 Club Cab 12V Cummins, Black, 600+RWHP
Bobcat698 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2005, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hey... does any one sell a 9145 fog light "male" plug. I was thinking.... if I bought two headlight harness'..... and made each harness have a plug for the 9007 headlight and the other for the 9145 fog light... then..... you could have a really clean harness.... one for each side of the truck.... get more light out of your fog lights, and solve the fog light problem by having them on with the high beams. So let me know what you guys think and if you know of anyone that has a 9145 plug.
2008, F-250, FX4, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Oxford White w/ Black Interior, Dual Alternators, Sat. Navigation & Radio, Overhead DVD System, ESOF, Solid Rear Window, 3.73 Limited Slip, Upfitter Switches, Tow Command System w/ Power Scope Mirrors, Power Seats, and the Reverse Aid Sensor - Edge Insight Monitor, 2.5" Icon Lift Kit, Icon 2.5" Piggy-Back Shocks, KMC Beadlocks w/ 33" Toyo M/T's, MBRP DPF back exhaust, Recon mirror lights, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Line-X, MotoBar, Gentex Temp/Direction Mirror, Baja Designs 22" Onx Pro Light Bar
RRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2005, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
My XLT didnt come with factory fog lights, I would like to add them in the "Factory" holes in the bumper, what the best to use? whats the best way to switch them?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

The Best here. But be prepared to pay.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (175)

[ QUOTE ]
Hey... does any one sell a 9145 fog light "male" plug. I was thinking.... if I bought two headlight harness'..... and made each harness have a plug for the 9007 headlight and the other for the 9145 fog light... then..... you could have a really clean harness.... one for each side of the truck.... get more light out of your fog lights, and solve the fog light problem by having them on with the high beams. So let me know what you guys think and if you know of anyone that has a 9145 plug.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean a plug that looks like the bulb base and connects to the existing wiring harness, you could sacrifice a bulb and build your own. That's how I connected my headlight harness. Took the old bulbs, clipped the glass off and soldered to the metal leads coming out. Used one to connect the harness to the stock wiring, and the other for the high/low diode. Harness plugged to the passenger side wiring and diode plugged to the driver's side.
99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version), AIS, coolant filter w/"hokum" bracket, regulated return, heated mirror mod, lighted cupholder, Marinco heater plug-in.

Hard or no-start? Check Here
klhansen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.