icon vs bilstein 2.5 leveling kit - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool icon vs bilstein 2.5 leveling kit

I have a 2006 4dr f-350 SD 6.0 liter and was looking to put a 2.5 inch leveling kit in with some bigger tires on the stock rim been looking at a lot of posts but too many people are doin different things was wondering which one of these kits are better because they seem to be very comparable, and what is the biggest tire i can fit on the stock rims to fill in the wheelwell without rubbing and look good. I was thinking about getting the procomp extreme all terrain 305-60-r18 wasnt sure if i could go bigger then that and not look rediculous or if these will be sufficient. Thanks for any help
smithw44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have the 2.5" Ready Lift leveling kit on my truck. Its a really nice kit and comes complete with the shock relocation bracket also really decent price. Only problem was after the install my front was actually sitting 3/4" higher than the rear, so i need some one inch blocks now. You will easily be able to fits 35s though, also you might want to consider a longer track bar or something as lifting the front will suck your axle over to the drivers side a hair.
bigdeere87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2009, 12:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Your stance should be level since you have a F-350 (leveling kit). The block is an inch higher than the F-250.
firemansdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Either kit is a quality kit with new front springs and correct shocks, the Icon comes with castor plugs which you will need the BTS Bilstein their a option. Both kits will need a adj track bar to recenter the axle as it will shift 1/2-3/4" with the lift.

Cary

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Custom kit H2e and H2e modded turbos, Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD and 99 up suspension swaps kits for OBS and SD trucks, BTS Trans, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Tymar products, Hella lighting, True Projection Hid's, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.ctperformanceinc.com introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.

Last edited by caryt; 03-10-2009 at 10:31 AM.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Those tires should fit without a lift.

I agree with what caryt said...
Ray21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (21)
As mentioned, both are very good setups that ride very well. Really can't go wrong with either.

I also agree on upgrading the Bilstein by adding the rear shocks and adding the caster cams to correct the caster setting.

The adj. trac bar is a nice upgrade to ensure that the front axle remains centered underneath the truck but isn't "necessary" to complete the installation.

We stock them both, let me know if you have any questions.

2005-2007 F250/F350 SRW 4wd - Truck Toyz Store

You can add the trac bar or in the case of the Bilstein the rear shocks and caster cams by hitting the "Configure" button in the desired page for the system.

www.TruckToyzPerformance.com

The Suspension Experts.
Technical Consultant
Proud Sponsor of TDS.

888-PRO-TOYZ

DCSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm sorry but in my opinion having your axle centered is just important as have any other alignment spec correct. Does it cost more to do things correctly yes but the other choice is to leave something wrong.

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Custom kit H2e and H2e modded turbos, Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD and 99 up suspension swaps kits for OBS and SD trucks, BTS Trans, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Tymar products, Hella lighting, True Projection Hid's, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.ctperformanceinc.com introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for everyone's advice. does it require bringing the truck to the shop to get the trac bar adjusted to the proper position or is that something that can be done relatively easily? firemandiesel said my truck should already be level because its a f-350? I don't believe this is true i'm going to try to measure the wheel wells and check on that why would they make a levling kit if its already level

Last edited by smithw44; 03-12-2009 at 07:21 AM.
smithw44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have the Newton front and rear kit. They do have just a leveling kit eBay Motors: FORD F250/F350 LEVELING LIFT KIT 2.5" 2005-2008 (item 260373533505 end time Mar-17-09 09:28:34 PDT) They have another one just like it but it comes with shock extensions for $99. It worked great on my truck. It is a very complete kit.
BIGDOGDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.