JMS F5 Mount + F650 Manual Dash? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
JMS F5 Mount + F650 Manual Dash?

Thinking of doing the F650 manual dash mod.

I have a DP Tuner F5 on my truck, so one of the things I was looking to do is get the JMS switch mount and use some of the space on the F650 dash piece to mount it.

My question is, does anyone know if either the upper or lower flat section of the F650 manual dash are tall enough to accommodate the JMS switch mount?

F5 & F6 JMS EX Switcher In-Dash Mount - Chip Switches & Misc. - Tuning - Ford Powerstroke 7.3L

Looking at this pic, it "seems" like there might be enough room around the switch itself for the JMS mount, (at least on the lower section, maybe not the upper) but I'd like to know for sure before I go ordering things.

HiPsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (19)
I've got that lower dash panel sitting in my garage right now. You have no idea the h-e-ck I had to go through to get one. No one I could find could supply me with a part# that any Ford dealer could use. I finally ended up with one that was black, and had no cup holder hole in it. If you have a part# please, do yourself a favor and see if you can actually get that part first. The problem is the parts system that is used for those bigger trucks isn't the Ford system most dealers have. In crossing the #'s I had found they all came back as a different part of the dash. Not the part I wanted.

If you want any specific dimensions, PM me with what you want and I can measure it tonight.

DP-Tuner 80T, 160cc single shots, GTP38R turbo, Ceramic coated IH up-pipes, coolant filter, 6637, DIY exhaust brake, openair CCV, propane, SBC DD all ceramic clutch, ISSPRO EV boost/pyro/HPOP pres./rear end temp, 4" lift, traction bars, 255/70R22.5 tires, York air compressor, 16 flashy lights, 12 strobes, 12 switches on console, 9 switches on the dash, 7 two-way radios, 5 air horns, laptop, siren, 105 gal. in-bed fuel tank, Kennesaw Mountain front bumper

'86 H-D Sportster - 16" apes, custom paint, custom pipes to fishtails, single fire ignition, leather saddle bags on custom brackets, bagger fender, solo seat, home made luggage rack, all LED rear lights

'66 Bronco "Big Little Monster"
BTBBT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Was planning to just order it from Stealth Automotive...

F650 Dash Mod
Old 04-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Have the measurements of the JMS mount...

Can someone with the F650 lower dash (manual) measure either/both of the flat surfaces to see if there's room?

The back for the hole is 2-1/4 X 1-3/8” and the front is 2-5/8 x 1-3/4”
Old 04-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (19)
I wish I would have known that when I was looking for mine. I still may buy another one because I can't bring myself to loose my cup holders.
I will go measure mine tonight.

DP-Tuner 80T, 160cc single shots, GTP38R turbo, Ceramic coated IH up-pipes, coolant filter, 6637, DIY exhaust brake, openair CCV, propane, SBC DD all ceramic clutch, ISSPRO EV boost/pyro/HPOP pres./rear end temp, 4" lift, traction bars, 255/70R22.5 tires, York air compressor, 16 flashy lights, 12 strobes, 12 switches on console, 9 switches on the dash, 7 two-way radios, 5 air horns, laptop, siren, 105 gal. in-bed fuel tank, Kennesaw Mountain front bumper

'86 H-D Sportster - 16" apes, custom paint, custom pipes to fishtails, single fire ignition, leather saddle bags on custom brackets, bagger fender, solo seat, home made luggage rack, all LED rear lights

'66 Bronco "Big Little Monster"
BTBBT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to help.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Riffraff Diesel: Riffraff Custom Auto Dash Kit

check out this one by riff raff...you can have gauge holes and dp tuner hole cut out any way you'd like
2000 F250 7.3L Lariat, Crew Cab/Short bed 4x4. AFE stage II intake. Magnaflow 3.5DP/4" SS exhaust. Isspro gauges (EGT, Boost, Trans Temp) AIH Delete with riffraff boost fitting adapter, Foil delete, Muffler Delete, CCV Mod, Performance tranny from Revmaxx, Revmaxx stage 4 triple disc low stall torque converter, Revmaxx performance valve body with custom shift kit. 6.0 tranny cooler, ported compressor housing, turbomaster wastegate controller, garret high flow outlet, Non EBPV pedestal, dieselsite boot kit, Marinco mod, Fuel Bowl mod, HPX mod, Riffraff Frx, DP F6 tuner (60 tow, 80 econo, 120 race, High idle 1200, Drive Thru) Warn Hubs, Moog Balljoints, 08 tailights, 05-07 front end conversion, 08-11 rear end conversion, Line-xed rocker panels/wheel wells/bumpers
itorchedparis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

1. Riff Raff is a LOT more expensive that you can put together your own setup.

2. That's the auto version that sticks out a lot more. Not what I'm looking for. I plan to go with the manual version that isn't as visually obtrusive.

Just wanting a place to stick a couple of switches and my F5 switch. Not going for the wrecker or 747 ****pit look.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

they have a manual dash kit as well...but it's even more expensive
2000 F250 7.3L Lariat, Crew Cab/Short bed 4x4. AFE stage II intake. Magnaflow 3.5DP/4" SS exhaust. Isspro gauges (EGT, Boost, Trans Temp) AIH Delete with riffraff boost fitting adapter, Foil delete, Muffler Delete, CCV Mod, Performance tranny from Revmaxx, Revmaxx stage 4 triple disc low stall torque converter, Revmaxx performance valve body with custom shift kit. 6.0 tranny cooler, ported compressor housing, turbomaster wastegate controller, garret high flow outlet, Non EBPV pedestal, dieselsite boot kit, Marinco mod, Fuel Bowl mod, HPX mod, Riffraff Frx, DP F6 tuner (60 tow, 80 econo, 120 race, High idle 1200, Drive Thru) Warn Hubs, Moog Balljoints, 08 tailights, 05-07 front end conversion, 08-11 rear end conversion, Line-xed rocker panels/wheel wells/bumpers
itorchedparis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ok, so a few weeks ago I got the measurements for the JMS mount from Jody @ DP Tuner and made a template to use for mock up. The size of the template is the exact dimensions of the face of the JMS mount, with the black line on the template being the dimensions of what the hole would need to be based on the lip/overhang of the mount.

Today my F650 manual lower dash panel came in, so I was able to determine that there just isn't enough room on the top section. You would either have to cut into the curved edge at the top, or have the mount overhanging on the bottom where the dash steps down to the lower section. Would be hard to do without it looking like a hack job.

Now, it does look like there's just enough room on the bottom section for it to sit flat and flush. The only thing I'm concerned about is location height on the bottom section. I'm going to wait until I get the lower dash panel installed in the truck and get a feel for whether the bottom section of the panel is too low to have the switch mounted, or an ok/acceptable height. Just don't want it so low that it's hard to see, a stretch to reach, or worry about the buttons being easily hit with legs or knees.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

I ended up just putting it to the left of the AC controls and I am really happy with location now as far as ease of reach etc.

Here is a link with pics of my install
DP Tuner and EX switch installed
Black 2002 F350 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3L (build date 11-01) - Nito Trail Grappler MT 35 12.5 R18 mounted on KMC XD Monster 18x9 Wheels, 4 inch ProComp Lift w/ dual front shocks, Bilstein steering stabilizer,Red-Head Steering gear, Ranch Hand-Full replacement front/rear bumpers, Leer Camper Shell, Autometer Triple guage pillar pod with Autometer Sport Comp Pyro and boost gages, Autometer Ultra lite digital Trans temp gage, DP Tuner (60hp econo, 60hp tow, 100 hp performance) w/ in dash mounted ex switcher,Ford AIS, International bellowed up pipes, FrX, HD4r100, 6.0 cooler, Stancor GPR, Dieselsite Max cold, Viper 3000 alarm, RBP RX-3 Nerf bars

Cosmetic upgrades: 2010 Tailgate, 2011 power folding/telescoping towing mirrors,

In the works: 2009 FX4 door panels with OEM switches, OEM backup camera and LCD rear view mirror, OEM Overhead console
jposes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

Did you finish the F650 dash?

What ended up happening? Did you get the lower dash installed?
Wanted to ask for the part number on that last dash picture showing on the oven.
Also, the top "knockout" in the upper portion of the new dash, will this fit the control switch for the brake/gas pedals?

TIMK-
REDSLED88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

Found more info

Ok, so I did find the part# for the manual, 4C4Z-7004302-HA (I think BA is the auto version). Check Out this
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...subcat1=159318
Not sure if he's a sponsor or if he is a vendor, but partsguyed has the one with no hole inthe upper portion.
Couldn't find the Part# without the hole though.
Also, after more research the little hole in the upper left of the F650 manual will not fit the brake/gas pedal height actuator switch.... or whatever the heck it's called.

Once more question though, has anyone tried to fit guages in the TOP portion of the Manual F650 lower dash?
I called Riff Raff and he said they put switches in the top and the guages down below, but I really want to see the guages as best as possible.
Anyone try it?

TIMK

Last edited by REDSLED88; 11-28-2011 at 02:48 PM.
REDSLED88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.