led's - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
led's

want to put some leds on each side of my truck, under the doors. what are you guys using? i have the factory tube steps, super cab.i saw the tube lights on reconaccesories.com. how do they mount with the tube steps? any other suggestions greatly appreciated, any pics also.
diesel_doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2007, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: led's

I have those ones on my truck they work great and make the truck look like a "big rig." Look at the pictures in my sig. I have pictures of them plus up close shots of how they mount. I also have recon's white lighting tailgate bar.
1996 F-250 CC SWB 7.3L XLT traded
2004 US Cargo 14x 7 enclosed trailer
Markford14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2007, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (30)

I used some lights I purchased from Ebay. Here is the link.

LED's

I also have photos in my sig..
03 KR F250 6.0 ltr CC Sb AFE, pro flaps, MBRP 4" duals, Cobalt/VDO gauges, Water/Meth. Coolant Filter, Custom Airbags w/ Comp. & 5 gall tank. Weathgd. box, Alarm system, St sys w/ cam & Nav, 52 gall tank. BD Exh brk, CB, Cryo'd Pwr Slt brks Custom LED lights

http://photos.thedieselstop.com/show...0/ppuser/60588
patchzx7r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2007, 04:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hard to beat Truck-Lite LEDs. You can often find them on Ebay for a whole lot less than retail.

2000 F350 7.3 CC LB DRW 4x4 4R100 4.10 Lariat
Performance Mods: ISSPRO gauges, DIY Tymar, straight piped, ITP boost regulator and tee, ATS ported housing, Banks Big Head, CCV Mod, DP-Tuner flip chip, BTS valve body ||| LEDs everywhere: taillights/running boards/mirrors/rear, side lights wired as turn signals, upgraded headlight harness w/ Xtravisions, aux backup lights in bumper ||| Misc. Mods: no more dingers, newer cupholder, fumoto, C-Betrs, locking fuel cap, mud flaps, wannabe air horn, Line-X, behind-seat storage shelf, intercooler foil wrap removed, SS HPX
My Truck Pics

NorCal Powerstrokes
ryaneverk2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2007, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
I used some lights I purchased from Ebay. Here is the link.

LED's

[/ QUOTE ]

Patch - I just ordered some from there. I got the clear ones. I'm gonna put them under the tailgate. More to come when I get my running boards. How do you like them so far?

06 Grill, 6637 mod, Zoodad, Trans Temp. and Pyrometer Gauges, High Idle mod, Dfuser 18k, Fog Light mod, LED mirror light mod, Foil Delete, Walker BTM w/4" stainless tip, LED's under tailgate, Tinted Windows, Cab Lights, SS HPX

Coming Soon - Leveling kit, DP Tuner

My Truck Pics
JPLTrucking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (30)

I used the clear ones for the running boards. I like the clean look during the day. At first glance you don't see the lights under the running board.

Under the tailgate I used the LED light bar, again you cannot see it during the day.

The Ft lights are a black base with a clear lens.

I like them alot. I just got 12 more to mount on my flat bed trailer when my regular lights go out.
03 KR F250 6.0 ltr CC Sb AFE, pro flaps, MBRP 4" duals, Cobalt/VDO gauges, Water/Meth. Coolant Filter, Custom Airbags w/ Comp. & 5 gall tank. Weathgd. box, Alarm system, St sys w/ cam & Nav, 52 gall tank. BD Exh brk, CB, Cryo'd Pwr Slt brks Custom LED lights

http://photos.thedieselstop.com/show...0/ppuser/60588
patchzx7r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2007, 02:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (17)

I saw a truck go past me this morning ('04 MY or with new mirrors) with the overhead clear LED clearance lights and white/blue LEDs in the housing. It looked sooooooooo gay! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif[/img]
2002 F350 Lariat CC 4x4 Auto 4.10 DRW, DP-Tuner F5 live tuned stock, quiet, 40dd, 40, 60, 80 tow, 80e and 120r, B&W GN, BrakeSmart, 'pooned tank, tank and pre-pump mods, 2 Dahl 100 filter, regulated return, BTS dual HPOP, AC singles with EDM 34 lpm nozzles, AIS, H2e, Spearco 6.0 IC, Hypermax 3.5" dp--> MBRP 4" 304SS exhaust, BTS tranny, 203 T-stat, Chevron ELC, coolant filter, Oilguard bypass with Schaeffer 9000, WranglerNW 200 amp alternator & Optima group 31 batteries, Nippon-Denso starter, SPA gauges, SteveRacer mods, Hella 80/100W 9007s, Hella Micro DE foglights, 1000FF driving lights, 220W backup lights, Stancor contactor, Michelin XPS Traction tires, X-Springs, Bilstein shox, custom bumpers but otherwise stock. Nov 30 '99 build engine with 16 K miles, Fluidampr, Comp Cam 910 springs, Melling LPOP and ARP headstuds.
haul_n_horses2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2007, 10:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

[ QUOTE ]
I saw a truck go past me this morning ('04 MY or with new mirrors) with the overhead clear LED clearance lights and white/blue LEDs in the housing. It looked sooooooooo gay! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And most likely, illegal too!! Even if a truck did not come with them, once they are installed, they become regulated by either the DOT or the state laws covering lights... Many states do not allow any blue lights other than emergency vehicles and some regulate how many white lights may be forward facing as well....
2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)

pics

SLAPS President and Webmaster
teamroper60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2007, 12:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

That would be a $250 ticky in Mass... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

06 Grill, 6637 mod, Zoodad, Trans Temp. and Pyrometer Gauges, High Idle mod, Dfuser 18k, Fog Light mod, LED mirror light mod, Foil Delete, Walker BTM w/4" stainless tip, LED's under tailgate, Tinted Windows, Cab Lights, SS HPX

My Truck Pics
Old 01-30-2007, 05:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

I got mine from Recon accessories. Great quality and very easy to install. They have clips that go around the LED tube and then youi just screw them to the bottom/side of the rocker panel. Then run the wires up and over the wheelwells to the marker lights.
'05 F-350 SC XLT long box, 6.0L, Procomp 5" Lift, 35" AT's, Edge platinum with juice, 4" MBRP turbo back dual exhaust w/ cat delete pipe, AFE stage II air intake, cb w/4' firestick, Bushwacker pocket flares, Recon accessories cab lights and LED nerf bar lights, 100 Gal Delta L-tank. I use this to tow my 30' travel trailer & 26' flatbed.
estanton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

My Photos: (22)

If you want them to work with the turn signals here is the link to Jad Solutions. Link I have the controller on my truck and they do help. I'm planning on installing LEDs on the mirrors very soon and I will connect them in too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i saw a gmc with blue headlights and blue cab marker lights and clear tail lights. when will people learn that these trucks aren't big hondas?
AFE Stage II Intake, AFE 4" Turbo-Back Exhaust, CCV Mod, Zoodad Mod, Pre-pump Mod, Flex-A-Lite Tranny Cooler, Draw-Tite Activator II Trailer Brake Control, IC Foil Wrap Delete, 203 Thermostat, Ford reman. Turbo, Fleetrite HD ELC, Rotella 5w-40 Synthetic, 4300K 35Watt dual beam HIDs, DB High-Torque Starter, Isspro EV gauges (trans,boost,pyro)
Tony_ONeil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2007, 08:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i saw a gmc with blue headlights and blue cab marker lights and clear tail lights. when will people learn that these trucks aren't big hondas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, our Ford's aren't big Honda's [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2007, 09:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, pimp out a honda. Dress up a Superduty! Plus the blue marker lights in MA would be an expensive mod. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

My Truck Pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.