The Diesel Stop banner

Looking for a gauge kit, and overhead vs A-pillar?

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Justin@DP-Tuner 
#1 ·
So I'm looking for a gauge kit for my 2002 F350 XLT. Aside from an AIS and 200Amp 4G alternator, it's a stock truck. But in the next couple months I'm going to do the up pipes and while I'm in there I'm going to do an EBPV delete as well as a RR billet wheel. Still no plans for tunes.

I see that Riffraff has a complete ISSPRO EV2 gauge kit including paint to match my interior trim and drill/tap for the EGT sensor. I'm looking at the black face, red needle, green light to most closely match my factory gauges. Price seems about on par for what other kits are selling for considering it also includes AIH delete (which I was planning on doing) for the boost sensor.

I'm trying to decide between the A-pillar kit and the overhead kit. The overhead seems least intrusive to me, but A pillar easier to keep tabs on. While I'm not too keen making the A-pillar any larger (reduced visibility going around turns) it certainly can't be any worse than the 2013 Caprice I've been driving the last few days. (For those that care, the car itself is "meh" with the terrible visibility, ergonomics, and control layout but the 6.0L 355 HP Holden V8 LS2 under the hood set to sport shift with traction control turned off keeps it entertaining).

So, for those that have experienced both A-pillar and overhead gauges, or have done it one way and had regrets, what are your experiences and preferences?

See less See more
#2 ·
the 3 gauge a-pillar I put on from Diesel Manor is great, but when I turn left, I have to lean forward to see around it...

Other than that, I love the a-pillar mount.

#3 ·
A-pillar is definitely the most common and easiest to keep an eye on. Install is a tad easier as well. I ran them for years there. I just stopped because I now monitor everything on our Infinity touchscreen.

I prefer the Autometer Ford Factory match gauges myself. The Isspro gauges seem to be quite loud (motors). At least this is the case in the few trucks I have been in that have them.

https://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-power...ford-factory-match-triple-gauge-set-7077.html

#4 ·
Justin, the digital display seems to be the way to go. I don't know if yours is capable of this, but I'd like to see the ability for the Edge Insight to specify the top end of the range of the displayed gauges to better fill the sweep.

#5 ·
Yes, I won't go back to analog gauges. You can see and do so much more with the digital gauges. We are actually running a sale on our Infinity and Infinity Mini touchscreens through the end of the year if you are interested in going that route.

Kind of confused at what you are asking. Do you mean like markers to display warning areas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.