Looking for a tan colored tonneau cover - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2005, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (9)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to RonRosewall
Looking for a tan colored tonneau cover

I had a Access on my last truck and loved it. But they will not make one in anything but black. (Must be related to the late Henry Ford - "You can have any color you want as long as it's black"). I have looked into the Truxedo brand and have heard they are prety good. They have a buckskin color that looks like it may be close. They are sending me a larger sample to look at. Does anyone have any experience with a tan colored one that would match the bed rails of a King Ranch??? I pull a fifth wheel and like to be able to roll it up out of the way while towing and roll it closed to keep the firewood dry once arriving at the campground. I've seen ones that have say "F150" and have the King Ranch logo on them. Too bad they don't make something like that for us. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

(SOLD)'04 F-350 CC King Ranch 4x4
(SOLD)'00 F-250 CC Lariat 4x4
My Pics
RonRosewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2005, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Looking for a tan colored tonneau cover

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] No one owns a king Ranch with a rollup type tonneau cover??? There has to be someone out there.

My Pics
Old 03-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)

Ron, I know Extang also has a series of colors they produce. I'm not sure off hand if Tan is one of them. Find an Extang dealer and they should be able to call the manufacturer directly, or you may try their website.

They have an American Flag tonneau that I purchased for my 350 short bed. Sets of the wedgewood blue very nice.

Good luck.

David

FOKISD (Ford, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Super Duty Club), Charter Member.

2001 F-350, PSD, 4X4, True Blue, 152 WB, SRW, Auto Trans, Manual Hubs, PMT3, Off Road Package, AIC, Heated Excursion Tow Mirrors w/cut off switch, Extang Tonneau Cover, Westin Step Bars, Lund Bug Shield, Nifty floor mats, Custom rear bumper/w fog reverse lights & 3rd brake light, LED running lights below doors, Poron USA reverse backup sensors.

"It's mine,ALLLLL mine, (Till Andrea wants to drive it)"
PSDForever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2005, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply, I looked at Extang and had a color sample of there tan and it didn't match too close to the bed rails. I ended up ordering a burgundy one that matches the chestnut paint color of the King ranch pretty close. Hopefully anyway [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I ended up buying one from Truxedo. I have heard mostly all good results from the members who have them.
I'll get some pics up after it comes in. Probably be a few weeks.

My Pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.