REMOVING THE DASHBOARD AROUND THE RADIO ON 2005 F350?? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
REMOVING THE DASHBOARD AROUND THE RADIO ON 2005 F350??

is anyone here ever removed the dash around the radio i want install a Interface for my Ipod to works with the factory radio and i need to removed the radio ,but don't know how to to remove the dash around the radio.Thx for your input.

Jose M. Dias
M:.M:.

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company. — Brother George Washington
delta95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2006, 07:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: REMOVING THE DASHBOARD AROUND THE RADIO ON 2005 F350??

If I'm not mistaken, all you need is the radio removal tool and slide it out.

I'll say though, I have the tool and can't get the sucker to slide out! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

"Treat me good, I'll treat you better; treat me bad, I'll treat you worse." - Sonny Barger
FamilyRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

05's are different, you have to remove all the trim around the dash. I've read somewhere on here how to do it, from what I remember, the trim just pulls off. You need to tilt your steering wheel all the way down, if you have an auto. tranny, put it in first gear. Then carefully start at the lower left of the dash, and pull the trim straight out. Be careful, as the wiring for some of the idiot lights, is connected to the back of the trim. The little clips that hold the trim on can be tough, but they'll come off. The radio then unbolts. Try doing a search if you need more detailed directions.

http://community.webshots.com/user/FineFord
FINE69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

pull the surrounding dash outward, tilt steering wheel in down position, shifter in down position, disconnect all connectors behind dash panel dont worry they only fit in the appropiate spots, I believe youll need a 7mm socket to remove the stereo hope this helps
aetcmh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2006, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (16)

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm not mistaken, all you need is the radio removal tool and slide it out.

I'll say though, I have the tool and can't get the sucker to slide out! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the 05-06 models are different than previous years for radio removal - the DIN tool isn't required but you do have to remove the dash face. Have not done it personally but I hear it just snaps on and off.

Family Ride - After you snap the DIN tools into your radio (you should hear a snap), apply inword pressure to the tools and pull straight out.
2006 F350 - Amarillo Package,loaded with all the toys, 4" MBRP cat back exhaust, Autometer EGT gauge, Viper 791XV auto start/cool down timer/alarm, Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigation/XM Radio/Sirius, 2.5" Tuff Country Leveling kit, KC Hilights front & rear, Dieselsite.com coolant filter, SkyJacker dual steering stabilizer, Firestone Ride Rite airbags w/onboard compressor, Kleinn Train Horns, Bilsteins all the way around, Recon LED's in the back, Programmed with the SuperChips 1805 Tuner always set on Tow Safe for a little extra get up and go.

30' Cardinal 30TS 5th wheel. The weekend home away from home.

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
overfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

The dash does just snap off. Like was previously said, tilt our wheel down and put tranny in first (auto). If you are careful like I was, you will not have to disconnect any of the plugs connected to the dash. You will still have enough room to remove the radio.
Air horns
cvucich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2006, 01:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)

If you have average sized hands, you can take out the hook panel (2 screws) and then the cup holder (4 screws, 2 underneath) and reach up behind the radio and plug in the PIE adapter. You need to run a 12v connection to it as well so just tap into the wires for the cig lighter while you have access.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Since it was mentioned - where does one buy the PIE adapter? My local electronics stores have no idea. Does that allow the AUX button to be used with an IPod or Sat radio adapter?
SCT Tuned by Innovative
ryandye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2006, 07:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

http://www.discountcarstereo.com
for a 2005 F350 is not out yet at least the type that u can use the steering wheel controls and recharge the ipod at the same time,and yes u can use the aux button with the ipod, they told me in few weeks. 2005 F350 # PA11 FORD3
here where i got from the web page :
FORD began using a Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus for intercommunication between most every system in at least 5 vehicles, namely: 2004-Up Escape, Mustang, F150, Freestar, Monterey, 2005-Up F250, F350, 500, Montego, Freestyle, 2006 Explorer, Mountaineer.
Integrating aftermarket products into these vehicles has posed a challenge, however USASpec (among others) have answered the bell. Introducing the PA11-FORD3 iPod interface for Ford's CAN-BUS radios with "AUX" button. The PA11-FORD3 lets you connect, charge and control iPod products from the factory radio. No need to fumble with the iPod™ for any reason, you can stow your iPod in a non-visible location and enjoy hours of music because the PA11-FORD3 also charges the iPod's internal battery. No more Cassette Adapters, FM Transmitters, or Cigarette Lighter Chargers.
The PA11-FORD3 will not work with vehicles that have SIRIUS Tuners.
(MORE PRODUCT DETAIL FORTHCOMING)

Jose M. Dias
M:.M:.

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company. — Brother George Washington
delta95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.