subwoofer size with audiophile system? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
subwoofer size with audiophile system?

Hey guys.... is the stock subwoofer a 6.5" on the audiophile system? Have any of you guys changed it out to a better speaker? I heard that if you do swap it out... you need to put in a low clearence speaker.... because the space isn't that deep. I'd like to install a infinity replacement speaker to replace the stocker.
2008, F-250, FX4, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Oxford White w/ Black Interior, Dual Alternators, Sat. Navigation & Radio, Overhead DVD System, ESOF, Solid Rear Window, 3.73 Limited Slip, Upfitter Switches, Tow Command System w/ Power Scope Mirrors, Power Seats, and the Reverse Aid Sensor - Edge Insight Monitor, 2.5" Icon Lift Kit, Icon 2.5" Piggy-Back Shocks, KMC Beadlocks w/ 33" Toyo M/T's, MBRP DPF back exhaust, Recon mirror lights, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Line-X, MotoBar, Gentex Temp/Direction Mirror, Baja Designs 22" Onx Pro Light Bar
RRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2007, 02:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: subwoofer size with audiophile system?

The sub box is behind the rear seat on the 2008's and has two 8" woofers glued together in a push pull configuration. Two voice coils total. Kenwood makes a good sounding slim line sub called the KFC-XW1000F and KFC-XW1200F. If you find a mass made dual 10" or 12" sub box for our 2008's with the power rear window let me know. All the shops I've been to say they need to make a custom box.
Technologist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2007, 11:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

I was also wondering about a custom mass made box for the back seat with the power sliding window. I heard Probox will be coming out with one within the next few weeks. Does anyone have a picture ofthe factory sub in the 2008s? I looked online but could not find any pictures.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
If you find a mass made dual 10" or 12" sub box for our 2008's with the power rear window let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think thats gonna happen. Even IF you could physically fit 2 10's or 2 12's back there, there wouldnt be anywhere near the right amount of airspace for them. There is only .589 cubic feet available with the power rear slider. Really the only decent aftermarket option for this truck is the Pioneer shallow mount 12" in a sealed box.
SPL2K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

The guys at my local stereo shop told me to wail until September, when JL Audio is supposed to release a super-slim-line 12" sub that they said will be perfect for back there. I hade the JL stealth box with an 8 in my '05, but the center console is different in the '08, so it's for sale!!!
myealdhall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2007, 06:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to coldair

or do what I saw done at the spring break nationals in Daytona Beach, the guy had to 15" in the floor
2002 Excursion LTD(PCM:NQW5)Pheltech Tru-Cowl Induction Hood BTS transmission FASS and ITP fuel system, 38/15.5/20 Toyo's on Weld 12" wide wheels,15k warn and warn 9.5k rear 4:30s ARB air lockers front and Dana80 rear. Trail ready front bumper,Road Armor rear bumper light force driving lights, PIAA backup lights,Dakota digital gages, F5 DP tuner chip,Hypermax stage 2 injectors,4" exhaust, 11" Edge lift, King shocks, edge crossover steering, ORU ram assist steering
OneUp ladder bars,TN turbo, Dynatrac conversion kit. Alpine F1, Zapco amps. two dc1100.1, three dc1000.4, 1 dc750.2, driving seas reference series front stage and Zapco competition rear fill and 2 Jl audio 13w7 subs
AP Racing big brakes, Amp Research running boards
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2007, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
Send a message via AIM to ffxhub

I'll be interested to see what the aftermarket will have available for this. Please post any new info in this post so we can all stay on top of it!
Old 07-13-2007, 02:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Anyone know if the Audiophile sub is compatable with the non Audiophile head units? I have a plug behind the rear seat and I am told it was for the sub but I have not confirmed it.

2008 F350 long bed Lariat 4x4 crew cab 6.4 oil burner. 8" Fabtech and 37" Toyo MTs.

cannondale275 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2007, 05:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

I've got 2 Pioneer 10" shallow subs mounted in one custom box that goes the full width of the truck behind the back seats. A local Tweeter company did the work - very nice. I love the sound.

2008 Lariat F250 CC SB 6.4L 4x4 ESOF / Auto / Fully loaded from Kentucky...almost
Line-X Bed Liner / VentVisor Deflectors / Hadley Air Horns / Hellwig Progressive Helper Springs / PIAA Backup Lights / Billet Grill / AVIC-Z2 with camera / Focal speakers / 2 Pioneer 10" Shallow Subs / JL Audio amplifier / Viper Alarm with remote start / Marathon Seat Covers / DuraFlap Mud Flaps / Leer Model 122 Shell

<font color="red">TRUCK PICS</font>
OctoberGlory1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.