Topper/Cap brake and light wiring ? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Topper/Cap brake and light wiring ?

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but is there factory wiring in the back somewhere to wire in the third brake light, and aux interior light on my new used topper?
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2007, 08:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Re: Topper/Cap brake and light wiring ?

I just taped into my left rear brake and running lights for brake and interior lights. I just have to remember to turn on the running lights for the interior light when I want it
2001 F-350, Powerstroke, 4x4, Regular cab, Autometer Z-Series Guages Pillar mounted, DP-Tuner Stock, 80hp, 120hp, Quadzilla Green Filter Intake, BTM, Zoodad, HX Crossover, Wicked Wheel, Shimmed FPR, Geno's Garage Bling-Bling tailpipe, 295/75/16 TOYO Open Country A/T's, Leer Cap, Bedrug, Pioneer AVIC D3, JL Stealthbox, Rockford Fosgate AMP

1988 F-SuperDuty, 7.3, ZF-5, flatbed, converted to 4x4

1991 Ranger 4x4, 5.0HO 335rwhp

Downeaster, 10,000 dump trailer
dsldandually is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2007, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)

3rd brake light wire is light green in color and is approx 3" long and taped to a square grey connector between the bumper and spare tire. Should have a small piece of heat shrink tubing on the end of it.

Might try the orange wire (I think) in the trailer plug. I think that's the battery charging circuit when pulling a trailer and should be 12v positive.

FOKISD (Ford, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Super Duty Club), Charter Member.

2001 F-350, PSD, 4X4, True Blue, 152 WB, SRW, Auto Trans, Manual Hubs, PMT3, Off Road Package, AIC, Heated Excursion Tow Mirrors w/cut off switch, Extang Tonneau Cover, Westin Step Bars, Lund Bug Shield, Nifty floor mats, Custom rear bumper/w fog reverse lights & 3rd brake light, LED running lights below doors, Poron USA reverse backup sensors.

"It's mine,ALLLLL mine, (Till Andrea wants to drive it)"
PSDForever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2007, 03:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks alot. I'll check it out tonight!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DWNRIGR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure if this is the correct forum, but is there factory wiring in the back somewhere to wire in the third brake light, and aux interior light on my new used topper?

</div></div>

I also used the tail light wire for the interior dome light, that way there is no chance of the light being left on.

As far as the 3rd brake light, use the green wire down by the spare tire as noted above. If you use the brake light wire down at the tail light lens, you will have your 3rd brake light flashing when you turn on that paticular brake/blinker that you tapped into sine the brake and turn signal use the same line.
2004 F350, 6.0, crew cab, long box, ISSPRO BOOST-EGT-PYRO gauges, 4" MBRP exhaust, Innovative Diesel SCT programmed, GOS Racing headlight harness upgrade w/Bright Box FLC, husky floor mats, LEER canopy, FabTech 3.5" hangers on 35" tires.

2001 GMC Yukon, all stock besides the 18" chrome wheels and the kids car seats.

1992 Toyota Terdcel.

2006 Desert Fox toy hauler.

2005 Yamaha YFZ450 - a toy for the sand.

1996 Yamaha Banshee - oh yeah, it's a ride in the sand!
Richman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.