Where to get DRW aftermarket wheels? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where to get DRW aftermarket wheels?

Hey guys, I am trying to upgrade my dually wheels and am trying to find the best place to get good, cool wheels. I'd love to grab a set of stockers from a 2006 or thereabouts with the 17s, but no one seems to have anything. plus, not sure if I need adaptors for the later model year PSDs.

My truck is a 2000 so, I have the ever tiny looking 16s...
Lizard 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2007, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Where to get DRW aftermarket wheels?

Let me know when you wanna get rid of your tiny 16" wheels. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My Truck

01 SC PSD Dually (build date 08-00 w/ PMRs), 8" Edge, dual F&R Doetsch aluminum shocks w/ resevoirs, 37" SSR on all 6 tires, 2" (hub & wheel centric) wheel adapters by Fearless Fred Goeske, Fabtech racing track bars.

APC Projectors (HID 10k), clear corners, clear cab lights, clear dually side markers, Amp-Research retractable side-steps, power rear-slider, Snug-Top canopy, billet grill, and chrome truck nutz!

Fully built motor w/ B-codes, GT42R, and Terminator w/ remote IPR HPOS.

Auto Enginuity Pro-Bundle equipped if you need assistance locally.
duallyduty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)

Dually rims off an 06 (the stock 17's) will not fit your truck. The bolt pattern is not the same. I myself have been looking for a stock looking, 17" rim for my 01 DRW... but have had little success. If you are to locate something please let me know as well! I currently have 33" BFG's on my stockers but this requires 2" spacers for the rear. Im not sure what your looking to go with for your truck becuase that does factor in. There are a lot of 19.5's and larger but me personally, im looking to go that route.

I really want stock looking 17's to get a set of 37" BFG's on [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
custom 17" steel inners by Rickson, 3" rear dually spacers, BTS trans
DP Tuner F6 Chip (No Start, Stock, Hi Idle, 40T, 60T, 80E, 120R)
4" SS MBRP Cool Duals, Banks 1.0 Exhaust Housing, Banks Big Head, AIS Intake w/ Fender Cutout
DiPricol Optix Boost, Pyro, Full Sweep Trans Temp, DP Tuner Gauge Switcher
DB high-torque starter, Power Slot Cryo rotors, Hawk Pads, SS lines

More to come...

My F350 DRW Pics

2000 F250 7.3 PSD 35" MT's, MBRP Cool Duals, AIS Intake w/ Fender Cutout, DiPricol Optix Boost, Pyro, Full Sweep Trans Temp
2002 F450 7.3 PSD (30k) 12ft Dump... AIS Intake w/ Fender Cutout
TalontedTSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Lizard1,

Signature please!

I am in the same boat. The largest you can get on there is 255/85R16 on the stockers without spacers.

Joe

www.StraightTimeStirrups.com
www.STSCLAYS.com
www.SCRAFAN.COM www.DirtEntertainment.com
SprintCarCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2007, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

OOOps. Sorry, I didn't click on teh allow signature thingy. I have a 2000 PSD Dually 4x4 Off-road. What I am mostly concerned with is getting a nice set of wheels. I really like the look of the 17s and even like the OEM 17s from the newer rigs.

I figured I couldn't use them as it would be too easy, right? So, I may stick with 16s. I currently have these Epic wheels on there and am tired of them. I like Moto Metal's stuff and just have a tough time finding DRW wheels via the internet and figured someone on here could point me in the right direction.

Here's my wheels now: The truck was just finished being painted at this stage and things have been updated - this is just the best side shot I have. It looks much better now with teh updated headlights, etc...

They are pitting slightly and I was going to get new wheels for the rig.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

So, anyone have a shop or site that has good prices on aftermarket DRW wheels? Buehler...Buehler...
Old 02-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

check with Brentz Wheels, he can custom make you some dually wheels and in any size you want and also keep your stock lug pattern so you dont need adapters.

BrentzWheels
Old 02-28-2007, 12:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

check out www.americanforcewheels.com
NorCal510PSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

Check out Stockton Wheel. They've been advertising in off-road magazines for years. They claim they can build whatever you want.
01F350 CC 4WD 6SPD Arrow Canopy, 305/70/16's on 16"X8"wheels, HX mod, IAH plug, AFE Stage I w/pro guard 7 filter and overcoat. Evo tuner, WW, 4"exhaust,zoodad, Amsoil, Isspro gauges, GOS headlight harness,coolant filter
Endowment Member NRA
01crewcabtg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

oh yeah check www.chromewheel.com they stop selling to the public on 042007 tho...
NorCal510PSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2007, 07:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

I was looking for something more standard in the 16 or 17" sizes. Although I like the Big Rig sizes, they are too much for me right now. I like Moto Metal stuff, but anyone on here (Site sponsor, etc.) sell them?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:08 AM   #12 (permalink)

Anyone? I appreciate the custom one-off stuff like the next guy, but anyone know a good place to buy standard Dually wheels? Stuff like Moto Metal, etc?

Do I just look at Moto Metal and other Dually rim places and decide from there? I just only know of 2 wheel companies that have dually wheels and they are all on-line. Anyone on here have a site supporter they know or have a source that does dually/truck stuff?
Old 03-06-2007, 12:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (44)

CustomWheel.com claims to have several different wheels that will fit a 2000 F-350 DRW.

Click here. Then fill out year, make, and model (dually). But don't get excited yet.

Maybe they do, but I doubt it. Maybe spend some time on the phone with their salesman to verify that the one you want will actually fit on the hubs of your truck without spacers or other unsafe nonsense. The biggest problem will probably be finding not only the right lug pattern of 8 on 170mm, and the correct offset, but also hub piloted (hub centric) center hole. Do not settle for a pilot (center) hole bigger than 4.93". If the pilot hole is bigger than 4.93" those are lug-centric wheels instead of hub centric. Your hubs were designed for hub-piloted wheels and will not safely support lug-centric wheels.

As they recently promised us, the American Racing folks now have their Weld Racing website back online. I know of only one custom wheel wider than the stock wheels that's made right for your truck. It comes only in 16"x6.5" which is big enough to add slightly bigger tires than stock. It comes in the right hole pattern and hub pilot hole to be a perfect fit for your truck. Not cheap. It's the Weld Racing Sidewinder dually. Click here.

On a 16x6.5 wheel, you can safely mount tires as big as 255/70R16, one example of which is the BFGoodrich AllTerrain A/T KO. I don't know if those tires will rub between the duals when mounted on those Weld wheels, but at least they will properly fit the rims. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif[/img] Maybe discuss it with the sales folks at American Racing and see what is the biggest tire that won't rub between those duals.

My Sierra Blanca in the sig pic was a great pickup for 11.5 years. I sold it a coupla years ago. I drove a hand-me-down 2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L 2V for a while, but it was unacceptable for towing more than a rowboat. Replacement is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew Lariat that tows my 5,000-pound TT like a dream.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Smokey-

Any idea on the Moto Metal 953s? The other wheel I was looking at was the ION Alloy 175... Are these fitting of what you are saying? They claim to be for the Ford Duallies, but now, I am worried about the hub pilot hole...
Old 03-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (44)

[ QUOTE ]
Any idea on the Moto Metal 953s?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only size available is 16" x 6". Same as stock wheels. They come in the right 8-on-170mm lug pattern, but I can't find anybody selling them that shows the pilot hole diameter in their specs.

So my conclusion is just like almost all other aftermarket wheels for our trucks, they are lug centric. If you want the right wheels for your truck, the only brands I know are Weld Racing and Alcoa. All the others I know about are the cheaper lug centric. You would think that after 9 years some of the other wheel makers would make a proper wheel for our trucks. But apparently it's an expensive proposition to make a wheel with a 4.93" pilot hole. American Racing finally gave up on making one and bought Weld Racing so they could offer one. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You can buy the Aloca dually wheels from http://www.southwestwheel.com/wheels/alcoa/forddual.htm - but they come in only stock size of 16"x6"

My Sierra Blanca in the sig pic was a great pickup for 11.5 years. I sold it a coupla years ago. I drove a hand-me-down 2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L 2V for a while, but it was unacceptable for towing more than a rowboat. Replacement is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew Lariat that tows my 5,000-pound TT like a dream.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.