wiring diagram/manual cloth seat to electric leather seat swap - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wiring diagram/manual cloth seat to electric leather seat swap

Hello Folks,

I'm wondering if housedad or anyone else who might have access to a set of wiring diagrams for the 2000 f-250/excursion can help me. I found a set of leather seats from a 2000 excursion, picked them up cheap. I'd like to keep the electric function.

On my manual old cloth seated truck, the only hook up is a two wire plug that goes from the seat belt to under the carpet. I assume that this one arms the airbag and turns off the seatbelt light when buckled. I already swapped the old seat belt to the new electric seat, as I didn't want to mess up this bit of funcionality, and of course that part works fine.

Now here's my issue. What I'm trying to do is run power to the plug that runs the electric function in the excursion seat.

Does anyone have the electrical diagram for this? It appears that I have two heavy gauge wires and one light gauge wire that runs out of the new electric leather seat plug. I assume I need to run a ground and a hot (all the time) to something under the dash, can any Gurus help me? What color is hot and what is ground, and is there an existing fused power source that I can run them to?

Joe
joesfordf250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (18)
Re: wiring diagram/manual cloth seat to electric leather seat swap

If you give me your email address I can send you a 454 page PDF of the 2002 wiring. I'm pretty sure the 2000 is the same.

Mark

Pulling a 2010 Sierra 355QBQ 5er

Sold- '08 F-350 - pic

Sold - '01 F-350 - pic
MDarrough is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mark,

Sent you a PM-
Old 03-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

454 pages? forget that!

2006 XLT FX4 4WD ECSB
recon26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2007, 12:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (18)

Ok.

Pulling a 2010 Sierra 355QBQ 5er

Sold- '08 F-350 - pic

Sold - '01 F-350 - pic
MDarrough is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2007, 04:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mark, i have a pair of Lariat power seats that i want to fit to my 2003 F250. Do have the diagrams for that ?
cheers
Ric
F233 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Just an update...

Thanks Mark!

The PDF file was a big help. I went to a junkyard and got the matching plug that hooks under the seat. All I needed to use were the two pins out of it; the black wire is ground, and the other heavy gauge wire was the power, I think it was blue, anyway, it works fine, I just have to find out how to hook it up to a constant 12 volt fused source. Also, if anyone else wants to do this it's pretty easy. Just swap the old nonpowered style seat belt plug with the seat belt holder onto the new seat, then plug that into the existing seat belt plug that runs under your carpet. That takes cares of the factory arming of the airbag. All the power seat needs are the two heavy gauge wires that come out of the plug to be powered. Remember though, this is to swap an unpowered seat to a powered seat, no heat, no memory.

Best of Luck!

Thanks Again Mark!
Old 08-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Dear Mark, I can see that you are a very helpful person. I just bought a 2004 Ford F-350crew cab which is the plainest version of this truck. I bought for it the complete interior (lariat) which, as you may know, has the leather power seats. I need the diagram in order to connect this new power seat to my truck. Could you send me that diagram to my email hurtado_julio@hotmail.com.

Thank you in advanced Mark
julioch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

I need the wire diagram to Install leather power seats to a plane F-350

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDarrough View Post
If you give me your email address I can send you a 454 page PDF of the 2002 wiring. I'm pretty sure the 2000 is the same.

Mark
Good morning fellow ford friends, Mark or any other of you. Could facilitate me the wire diagram to install the leather power seat t from a lariat version to my 2004 Ford F-350 which came from factory totally plane? My email is hurtado_julio@hotmail.com

Best regards to all of you

Last edited by julioch; 09-02-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Forgot contact where to send the diagram
julioch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Seat Swap

I have a 2002 Excursion Limited, and I want to take the seats from it and put them in my F-250XL, which has a cloth bench seat. Since I have complete wiring harnesses, but very little know-how regarding the wiring, can someone provide some steps to put the power leathers from the Excursion in to the F-250?

Much thanks in advance.
Shooter Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.