2002 f250 radio wiring diagram - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2002 f250 radio wiring diagram

hey my stock radio broke so i just picked up an aftermarket head unit which of course did not want to mate nicely to the stock wiring connector, i was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram for the stock f250 radio or if someone could just tell me what all the damn wire colors mean haha i thought i had it all figured out but i've been having trouble splicing in the wiring harness that came with the radio cause no ones polite enough to just make all the wires the same corosponding colors universally. any help would be hugely appreciated cause i need my music! thanks guys
7.3 country boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2011, 06:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3 country boy View Post
hey my stock radio broke so i just picked up an aftermarket head unit which of course did not want to mate nicely to the stock wiring connector, i was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram for the stock f250 radio or if someone could just tell me what all the damn wire colors mean haha i thought i had it all figured out but i've been having trouble splicing in the wiring harness that came with the radio cause no ones polite enough to just make all the wires the same corosponding colors universally. any help would be hugely appreciated cause i need my music! thanks guys
I show basic wiring as:
Grn/Ppl = +12V always on
Red/Blk = +12V in Start only
Pnk/Blk = +12V in Acc/Run
Blu/Red = Interior Lights system
Blk/Grn = Ground
Blk = Ground
Gry/Blk = PCM
Org/Red = Right Spkr return
Brn/Pnk = Right Spkr hot
Gry/Blu = Left Spkr return
Tan/Yel = Left spkr hot
source = Haynes 2000 to 2003 Repair Manual for f150. I can only hope colors match f250 as I know ignition, and exterior lights sure don't!
oldtechwiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
gdp

the12volt.com has free wiring diagrams.
gdp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

They sell connectors that hook to the wiring from the radio and allow it to mate to the vehicle wiring like the original radio did. They tell you what wires should hook to what, and allow you to simply plug it in, eliminating all the guesswork. I got one for my 99, so they should definitely have one for your 02...
Andrew G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.