The Diesel Stop banner

AC coolant bypass valve or cutoff valve

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Robert Stoner 
#1 · (Edited)
hey all, I noticed that the heater control valve has a barb with no hose hooked to it . I do not see a hose around anywhere and am not sure where the control side is or where it supposed to attache to. All data doesn't show me anything and doing searches shows different valves. Im wondering since my truck is a half year it could be the reason for a different looking part . Could explain why max ac inst much better the regular ac haha.

my truck a 2003 7.3 4x4.

thanks in advance for any help

looking at it last night, the vacuum lines run off the vacuum hub switch and one line run towards the back over the fan housing which I believe is for the recirc door. should there be a T in there on line to run t the valve ?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I'll take some pictures of mine in the morning when it's light out. Mine is an 03 as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
The grey tube from the valve goes straight to the passenger fender liner and down the side of the fan into the cab. The last picture is behind the glove box. I haven't pulled lines to see which is which inside.

Pipe Auto part Fuel line Automotive fuel system Engine
Fuel line Auto part Engine Metal Suspension
Tire Water Wheel Auto part Automotive wheel system
Auto part Wire Automotive exterior Bumper Electrical wiring

Edit - looking at your second picture, the grey tube is there. You just need to find out where the end is and plug it in.

#6 · (Edited)
The grey tube from the valve goes straight to the passenger fender liner and down the side of the fan into the cab. The last picture is behind the glove box. I haven't pulled lines to see which is which inside.

View attachment 108545 View attachment 108553 View attachment 108561 View attachment 108569

Edit - looking at your second picture, the grey tube is there. You just need to find out where the end is and plug it in.
AWESOME thank you so much! Now, on to the next part where to get the hose haha. going to fun to explain to the parts guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.