The Diesel Stop banner

Ball Joint Receivers

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dutydave 
#1 ·
I have looked all over the internet and I have tried searching this site for specific receivers to remove and install Ball joints on a 2006 F350.
I own a KD brand press and it is a starter kit with limited receivers. KD tools is out of business or under a new name and I can not find any information on my tool. So I have been looking at the OTC tools and there starter kit looks identical.
I order off of Amazon what I thought was the correct receiver kit for our trucks but after receiving the product OTC6731 and reading there out dated instructions the kit says 1999-2004. Well I now that the 2004 and 2006 have same exact ball joint part number. So I looked into what I bought and checked it against the new ball joints that I purchased and out of the three receivers that are in the kit only two are made to fit Dana 60 ball joints . The third is for another Ford application. The kit I bought also came with out dated application guide for receivers that work on different vehicles.
OTC has made a book OTC6529man-08. This book has application guide up to 08 vehicles and it tells you what receivers to use on what ever vehicle you are working on.
These are the receiver part numbers that came in the kit that work on F350 Ball joints.
OTC-38355A:smile2: upper ball joint installation
OTC-204508A:smile2: This may work on both for installation defiantly the lower as it comes through knuckle.

Application guide says lower removal receivers 1999-2004
and other Ford applications.
OTC-222305
Not sure if this is for our application '

Application guide says lower installation receivers 1999-2004
*OTC-204508A*:smile2:
OTC-305228
Not sure if one not checked with :smile2: is needed.

Application guide says upper installation receivers 1999-2004
OTC-29505
*OTC-38355A* :smile2:
*OTC-204508A*:smile2:
OTC-305228
I am not sure if other two not checked with :smile2: are needed.

Application guide says upper removal receivers 1999-2004 and other Ford applications.
No part number listed.

The master book OTC6529man-08 has all the correct receivers to use I guess but the book sells for $50.00-$80.00. I don't want to buy the book I just want the correct tool to do the job with no issues. There website has no information about application other the buying the book.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.