Best place to order Powerslot Rotors and Hawk Pads - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best place to order Powerslot Rotors and Hawk Pads

I need a new set of front brake pads and rotors. I have heard this is the best setup. Where do you guys recommend getting this stuff on-line?
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Before you make the purchase you may want to read today's post on "Drilled and slotted rotors? "
'03 Excursion, 7.3L, 4X4, Auto tranny of course (they all did), 4" MBRP exhaust, TS performance chip, K&N FIPK w/ an Amsoil EA filter, Hellwig anti-sway bar, drilled/slotted front & rear rotors. Rancho XL shocks, Rancho steering damper, Airlift 5000, S&S Diversified headlight mod. This baby surprises a lot of, so called, performance cars.
'04 F 350, extended cab, 6.0L, FX4, manual tranny, 4" MBRP exhaust, Bully Dog Triple Dog downloader w/ Outlook moniter (Very disappointed in the Bully Dog), 2m-70cm Yaesu ft-8500, S&S Diversified headlight mod.

'96 Mustang Cobra convertible, B&M short throw shifter, Koni adjustable shocks, viper chip, drilled/slotted rotors front and rear, rear sequential turn signals.

'11 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic 103 ci PowerPak w/ anti lock brakes & Smart Security system. It even has cruise control!!! Candy Dark Root Beer over Candy Light Root Beer Yaesu FTM-10R & a Comet CSB 770A
Matt0987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0987 View Post
Before you make the purchase you may want to read today's post on "Drilled and slotted rotors? "
link?
Black 2002 F350 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3L (build date 11-01) - Nito Trail Grappler MT 35 12.5 R18 mounted on KMC XD Monster 18x9 Wheels, 4 inch ProComp Lift w/ dual front shocks, Bilstein steering stabilizer,Red-Head Steering gear, Ranch Hand-Full replacement front/rear bumpers, Leer Camper Shell, Autometer Triple guage pillar pod with Autometer Sport Comp Pyro and boost gages, Autometer Ultra lite digital Trans temp gage, DP Tuner (60hp econo, 60hp tow, 100 hp performance) w/ in dash mounted ex switcher,Ford AIS, International bellowed up pipes, FrX, HD4r100, 6.0 cooler, Stancor GPR, Dieselsite Max cold, Viper 3000 alarm, RBP RX-3 Nerf bars

Cosmetic upgrades: 2010 Tailgate, 2011 power folding/telescoping towing mirrors,

In the works: 2009 FX4 door panels with OEM switches, OEM backup camera and LCD rear view mirror, OEM Overhead console
jposes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...rotors-237755/
'03 Excursion, 7.3L, 4X4, Auto tranny of course (they all did), 4" MBRP exhaust, TS performance chip, K&N FIPK w/ an Amsoil EA filter, Hellwig anti-sway bar, drilled/slotted front & rear rotors. Rancho XL shocks, Rancho steering damper, Airlift 5000, S&S Diversified headlight mod. This baby surprises a lot of, so called, performance cars.
'04 F 350, extended cab, 6.0L, FX4, manual tranny, 4" MBRP exhaust, Bully Dog Triple Dog downloader w/ Outlook moniter (Very disappointed in the Bully Dog), 2m-70cm Yaesu ft-8500, S&S Diversified headlight mod.

'96 Mustang Cobra convertible, B&M short throw shifter, Koni adjustable shocks, viper chip, drilled/slotted rotors front and rear, rear sequential turn signals.

'11 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic 103 ci PowerPak w/ anti lock brakes & Smart Security system. It even has cruise control!!! Candy Dark Root Beer over Candy Light Root Beer Yaesu FTM-10R & a Comet CSB 770A
Old 09-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...rotors-237755/

Especially the last few posts. There are a couple of posts that go into depth regarding the efficiency of slotted and/or drilled rotors when compared to stock, heat transfer, driving through water is mentioned in a link from one them as I recall.....

But the entire post is very informative.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

So it looks like... for best heat transfer and best pad wear, we should be using drilled rotors only.

And yes, pad wear is a concern... I just put ceramix pads on the beast... I'd like them to last as long as possible.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ok,

You can see my set up on my X in my sig. But there are a lot of options.

When I need them I believe that I wil be getting mine from Brake Performance - Slotted and Drilled Brake Rotors

Now, I swapped out my Ex rotors because of warping. I do not have the problem on my 350 so I am not sure when I will be doing them. I expect them to last a long time.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have this setup on my '01 and like them. I got my from Performance Brakes - Brake Pads, Brake Rotors, Brake Calipers, Big Brake Kits and Stainless Steel Brake Lines
2001 F350,XLT,CC,4x4,PSD,6-SPD,SRW,156"WB,OFF-ROAD,LS,PTTTM,AIC,PRODIGY P3 BRAKE CONTROLLER,BILSTEIN SHOCKS,TOYO OPEN COUNTRY A/T,HAWK ROTORS AND HAWK LTS PADS,PML REAR DIFF COVER,RHINO LINING,GARMIN NUVI 2595LMT,SIRIUS RADIO,TRUE BLUE

2006 F350,XLT,SC,4x4,6.0L,TORQSHIFT,SRW,142"WB,FX4,LS,E SOF,TOW
COMMAND,UPFITTERS,LINE-X,WEATHERTECH MATS,COOPER DISCOVERER AT3,GARMIN NUVI 1350T,DARK GREEN SATIN W/SILVER

HERS
2009 EXPEDITION EL,LIMITED,4WD,WHITE PLATINUM TRI-COAT,BLACK INTERIOR,DVD,MOONROOF,POWER DEPLOYED RUNNING BOARDS,MOONROOF,WEATHERTECH MATS,GARMIN NUVI 265WT
G BURDICK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

what does it cost for disks and pads to do the set up right?
truckosaurus
2001 F250 Crew, 25,000+ miles, PSD, 4X2, ProComp 6" lift, Short Bed, SCMT, Tymar set up, BTM, ISSPRO Pyro, boost, and Trans Gauges, in tank mods and harpooned, 28" air horn w/ on board air and tank also full set of train horns! 6 gallons of 150 PSI air. Prodigy, Draw tite Signature series 18K 5'r hitch. TTM
2005 wildcat 29RLBS 5'r, parallel EU2000i's
2003 Explorer, EddieBower, V8 4X4
2003 Explorer XLT, V8 4X4
2002 XR50
2001 PW50
taxgod4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Ive been running that setup towing a 13000# race car trailer for 9 years with no trouble. Ive run my truck at two different race tracks ( road courses) just for fun. Slotted/drilled rotors are useless on a 7500# truck but look cool. Go with the slotted for coolness or the Brembo oem style for quality. Tirerack.com is the best place for variety,service and price.
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.