Blower Motor Resistor Location? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Blower Motor Resistor Location?

Hey all, my blower motor only runs on high, so I picked up a Blower motor resistor from the stealership and now I have no idea where it is located. I have looked around the blower motor itself and could not find anything, looked around the fuse distribution area, behind the glove bow, but I just cannot figure out where it is.
stangs400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
Re: Blower Motor Resistor Location?

Year, make, model, etc. of truck would help.
2003 F-250SD XLT X-Cab short box March 03 6.0L Torque shift, manual 4x4 superwinch hubs, 121,000 miles,315/75/16 BF Goodrich mud terrains, autometer boost/fuel psi/tranny temp, AFE 4" straight pipe, tire clearance and guage photos
weasel79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Apologies! 2006 F350 6.0l crew cab.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

nobody? really looking to get this fixed tonight, been searching for hours!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Not sure about the 06 but on my service info on a 99 it says it's located on the evaporator core housing underneath the hood.

Pro GOD, Pro Guns, Pro Life Important Notice, Pro Life changes when someone breaks in.
whitjo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2007, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

sorry, but I dont have any clue where that is either? Next to the blower motor itself?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stangs400</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry, but I dont have any clue where that is either? Next to the blower motor itself? </div></div>
look in the engine compartment, passenger side where the AC components are, should be there somewhere, again my info is for a 99 but it may be the same for yours?

Pro GOD, Pro Guns, Pro Life Important Notice, Pro Life changes when someone breaks in.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

still cant find the dang thing!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stangs400</div><div class="ubbcode-body">still cant find the dang thing! </div></div>
I'll look at mine but it will be tomorrow, if you haven't found it yet. it's midnight here and I'm headed for bed!

Old 10-31-2007, 01:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

My Photos: (21)

Refer to this picture.

O

02/03 built F350 6L, DRW, 05 Grille , 4" DPPI Exhaust, UltraLites on the A Pillar and Overhead Console, Firestone Bags & Compressor, Hadley Bully Airhorns , 50 Gallon Transfer Flow, Racho 9000's, Leveled 2.5/0, In-Dash PC , XM Commander.
Photos
ozhoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

See, I have that resistor as a replacement, but what is in that area is something completely different! I took it out and it like has heat sinks on the back, and actually plugs into the bottom of the module?
Old 10-31-2007, 12:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stangs400</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See, I have that resistor as a replacement, but what is in that area is something completely different! I took it out and it like has heat sinks on the back, and actually plugs into the bottom of the module? </div></div>

Then probably there has been a change in design since 99
Mine looks exactly like the picture the other poster put up.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:31 AM   #13 (permalink)

You must have the ATC-(automatic temp. control) A/C system(has digital readout& all push-buttons). If what your pulling out of your existing evaporator case has a heatsink, that indicates that it's the auto. system.The manual system uses old metal coils and no mini-electronics.
I'm also experiencing this same problem with my '05 King Ranch-blows on HI only, and haven't had time to look into the source of the problem.

Let us know what happens. DB
Pop-up flip ball GN hitch
Fiveohgod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

I replaced mine awhile back and what a pain in the butt. The extended warranty would have covered it but the cost of the decutable was more than the part was. Good luck with it you really need to push the air conditioning line out of the way, the one off of the dryer.

refuse2
2005 F-250 Dark Toreador Red, Lariat Lux. package, 6.0 PSD, TNN0 Pcm code, Torqueshift auto trans, 4x4, ESOF, tow command, Fumoto valve, Magnaflow 4" turbo back and no kitty, Sirius Satellite radio, Retrax bed cover, Harpoon mod, ccv mod, GOS headlight harness, Fog Light High Beam Mod, Heated mirrors upfitter #1, AIC upfitter #4, Wix Powertrap with no mass airflow sensor, Direct Injection Performance Coolant filter, Oil Guard by-pass, and Schaeffers 5w40.
refuse2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Did you get this solved? I also have a 2006 with Automatic Temp Control. Took it to my guy and we switched the resistor out with his (also a 2006...). Voila, it worked. So I'm off to get a new resistor and install myself. It is a bit tricky to get the bottom screw out of the resistor. You need to remove the 3 screws holding the AC component in place and move it about 1/4". I can take pics if you still need location etc. The pics above in this are of a truck with Manual Temp Control.
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.