disable auto door locks???? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2006, 05:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
disable auto door locks????

I have 05 F550 and I found the seat belt dinger option that disabled that (thank you everyone), but I was hoping that we could disable the darn auto door locks. Such a pain when pulling hay wagon and you have to always press the door lock switch so everyone can get out of the truck. If there is a way, anyone know of it?

Thanks,
Bondo©
Old, SOLD 99 F350 4X4 DRW XCab, XLE4, 4.10LS, man hubs, auto, K/N air, 2 pod A-pillar, tranny temp/pyro, DynoMAX CAT back, WD Turbo Chip, TC lock switch, blue/silver, Reese goose.
Went to a good home in MO !!
1965 Galaxie 500, 4 dr, Thunderbird 352 4V SPCL 8 (fresh rebuild, purchased 9-28-65 for $2858.75 (still have original receipt and window sticker.
64 Ford pickup second owner, new project!
drbond is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2006, 06:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (38)
Re: disable auto door locks????

Turn the key on. Lock, lock, lock. turn the key off. Lock, lock, lock. Turn the key on. lock, unlock. Horn will chirp to confirm. By the way, I may have the locks and unlocks reversed. If it doesn't work, substitute lock for unlock and vice versa.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you, I'll try this tonight. Is this in the manual? Please say no, as I read that darn thing twice, but these old eyes are loosing it. Oh did I mention my mind too!!

Bondo©
Old, SOLD 99 F350 4X4 DRW XCab, XLE4, 4.10LS, man hubs, auto, K/N air, 2 pod A-pillar, tranny temp/pyro, DynoMAX CAT back, WD Turbo Chip, TC lock switch, blue/silver, Reese goose.
1965 Galaxie 500, 4 dr, Thunderbird 352 4V SPCL 8 (fresh rebuild, purchased 9-28-65 for $2858.75 (still have original receipt and window sticker.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you, I'll try this tonight. Is this in the manual? Please say no, as I read that darn thing twice, but these old eyes are loosing it. Oh did I mention my mind too!!

Bondo©

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but yes, it is in the manual. Just did in this past weekend on my '06 F150 Screw.
jschira is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 06:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'll be trying this tonight. Can you share how to eliminate the seatbelt dinger? sorry if I missed it here earlier. Thanks
MFarcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 08:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be trying this tonight. Can you share how to eliminate the seatbelt dinger? sorry if I missed it here earlier. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Not intending to be obnoxious but, I turned mine off from directions in the manual. I don't remember exactly how but it involved a long sequence of turning lights of, on, and buckling belts, turning key on and off. If you don't do it exactly as written in the manual it doesn't work.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
Not intending to be obnoxious but, I turned mine off from directions in the manual. I don't remember exactly how but it involved a long sequence of turning lights of, on, and buckling belts, turning key on and off. If you don't do it exactly as written in the manual it doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. The instructions for turning off the "Beltminder" are also in the manual. I did this too last weekend.

That Beltminder is a real pain when hooking up a trailer.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:12 AM   #8 (permalink)

No offense taken. I just don't recall running across these instructions. I will certainly look tonight. While I don't have a problem wearing my belt, that dang beeper is annoying. I've evne gotten to the point where I've actually tried to exit the car once or twice while the belt was still on.
MFarcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

On my 06, the info center buttons to the right of the steering wheel, is where you can turn the auto locks on and off. Real easy to do, but I don't have it in front of me to look at it and tell the exact steps, but it does allow you to select autolocks on or off. Hope that helps.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
No offense taken. I just don't recall running across these instructions. I will certainly look tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ford really doesn't want you to turn it off, so they bury it pretty deep in the book. You have to be looking for it . If you give the book a casual once-over, you'll never see it.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

When I disabled my belt minder - it didn't work when I used the instructions in the book. I had to buckle/unbuckle 9 times vs. what it says in the book (or maybe it was 8 times?). Anyhow, just watch for the seatbelt light to come on when you are buckling/unbuckling as your key to move to the next step.

First few times I tried it with the instructions in the owners manual - I sat in my truck for it seemed like HOURS waiting for the seatbelt light to come on to move onto the next step! I'm such a dork.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

I have tried so many times to disable my locks according to the manual and it WON'T work. I had my son and a friend try and they didn't have any better luck.
2005 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4-6.0 power Stroke diesel-Donahoe Racing 4.5 inch lift. Truxedo bed cover-35x12.5x17 BFG M/T tires. 9000 lb.winch in basket for front or rear receiver. Fab-Tec bumper & light bar
davisoz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2006, 10:50 AM   #13 (permalink)

My Photos: (25)

It worked the first time for me, but I had to have the manual in front of me when I did it, 'cause there's no way in heck I was going to be able to remember it all.

I'll have to look for the seat belt reminder kill operation tonight.

Thanks,

Al
Old 05-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #14 (permalink)

Well I took my beer goggles off and put on my reading glasses and I stand corrected! It was as you said in the manual and it did work just fine. What I did find is you have to be careful when they tell you to turn the key to the on and off position. If you turn the key to far, the process won't work. So much better now without those darn auto locks going on!

Thanks again for all the great people and knowledge on this site!

Bondo© (another happy 6.0 owner)
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.