Flashing Over Drive Off light on gear shifter 2000 F-350 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Flashing Over Drive Off light on gear shifter 2000 F-350

Happened 1 time, shut the truck off and re-started it and it didn`t return. When it was flashing the truck drove fine. Does this mean I have a fault code stored?
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2007, 11:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (12)
Re: Flashing Over Drive Off light on gear shifter 2000 F-350

Yep, but it's a tranny code and might need a high end reader to get it.

SOLD - 2001 F250 XLT 7.3L SC/SB 4x4 (ESOF) - Tranny Upgrades; SCMT 1705; AIS Intake w/trimmed Snorkel; ZooDad; Turbo back 4" Exhaust; Issopro Pillar Mount Gauges; TC lockup LED; Auto Magic Heater Bypass; 2W Low Switch.
Cool_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

It is trans related. Take it into any tranny shop that offers free trans check and they will drive the truck and run a diagnostic. That is what I did when mine was flashing and turned out it was a VSS code. Took it home and replaced the sensor and been fine ever since.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

IIRC weren't some guys saying this is what happens when the OD wire is shorting out up inside of the gear selector lever? Seems like some were fixing this on their own? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
Early 99 F350 4X4 CC 7.3 Auto. A.R.E. Topper, bed carpet/bench inserts, Rhino grill guard, CCV Canister Style Mod, AIS w/sleeve, Fuel filler mod, GOS headlight harness, Hella 80/100s, 02-04 Headlights, Rancho HD stabilizer, 06 Telescoping/heated mirrors with C-Btr Mirrors, Hella FF1000, Htr Bypass valve, front receiver hitch, Quadzilla XZT gauges, ITP Pre-pump/In-tank mods, Pioneer P5000UB w/XM radio, 4 Infinity Kappa 682.7cf, Fumoto valve, FIAMM Highway blaster horns, SS HPX, IDM mod, DP F5 (Stock,Drive-thru,60T,80E,120,80E-Mountain,1200), Walker BTM, RR, Dieselsite BRV, BTS Tranny, 26 row tranny cooler, Bilstein shocks, Amsoil bypass oil filter, Donaldson ELF7405 oil filter, billet thermostat housing, front & rear parking cameras, Aux reverse lights, Heated Seats.

Security: CrimeGuard Alarm with remote notification, DIY jimmi-jammers, door cylinder locks and linkage removed, padlocked rear bench seat hinge, PCM, DIY "pitstop" switch.
losfinch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

I think when the wire shorts, it blows a fuse,,,,
Special thanks to RacerX USA

action4478 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2007, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

sometimes when I pull the lever (the slack play it has) I can get the OD light to flicker, wonder if it is a bad wire. It hasn`t done it since that one time
Old 11-14-2007, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (10)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XFACTOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sometimes when I pull the lever (the slack play it has) I can get the OD light to flicker, wonder if it is a bad wire. It hasn`t done it since that one time </div></div>

Yes check column wires.

Bill
MADVAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.