Headlights - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Headlights

Hey everyone,
Lighting technology has come a long way since my truck was made in 2003 (so has electronics in general). I'm looking to replace my headlights, fog lights and rear lights with something that performs better.
Shopping around online I've found a few products. Before I take a stab in the dark and drop some money on a product, I thought I would seek current knowledge here.
Have any of y'all done this maintenance on your truck? I'm looking for advice/opinions on good products. Also, if you know of something that did not work well, I'd like to know about that too.

Thanks in advance,
Todd

2003 F350 6.0L crew cab 4x4 dually
2002 Indian Chief Deluxe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:57 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Todd,

Until you get some good responses, you can use the magnifying glass in the upper right corner and search headlights. it is a popular topic.

I want sealed beam headlights

Brighter headlighs

Aftermarket LED headlights

What is your price range?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2000 F-250 4x4 SC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 160,000 miles.

NOS Black CPS. Rebuilt Fuel bowl w/gold spring, 6.0 Cooler, Walker BTM, Stancor GPR, AIH Delete, ScanGauge II, AIC, 2002 Headlights, Bilstein 4600, Marinco Mod, Cupholder Upgrade, B&W Turnover Ball, Michelin LTX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 F-250 4x4 CC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 160,000 miles.

NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II, Bilstein 5100, Marinco Mod, B&W Turnover Ball

Last edited by ArcticDriver; 03-19-2017 at 07:55 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:00 PM

I tried some 9007 replacement LED headlight "bulbs" by Lifetime LED in my 2008 Ranger in the stock headlight assemblies. I liked the brighter white color because they REALLY make deer stand out, and I do about 80% of my driving in the dark. They also spread a lot more light out to the sides of the road too; again, an advantage when you're trying to see the deer before they decide to commit suicide-by-truck. However, they seemed to lose some of the "reach" at long distance that the halogen bulbs provided.

I ended up taking them out of my Ranger because they were throwing a weird interference that messed up my TPMS system. Lifetime LED replaced them under warranty (even though I had asked for a refund) but I have not reinstalled them. I keep meaning to put them up for sale on one of the boards but have not done so yet. On my Ranger (and eventually on my Powerstroke) I rebuilt the headlight harness with heavier wire and used Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs, which made quite a difference over the factory setup.

If you can do with a little less distance to get more spread and a whiter color, something like this may be worth a try for you. Needless to say, the TPMS issue will not affect your truck. Maybe someone else will chime in with a better solution - I'm always looking for better light, but I sort of need the distance, too.

Good luck!
Regan

2003 F250XL 4WD 7.3L Crewcab LB (built Oct. 2002- one of the very last 7.3's!); Toreador Red; 6 speed, 3.73 LS; Camper package; Receiver hitch; Prodigy brake controller; Gauges: Pyro, Boost, Oil Press., Temp. switched to trans/oil/diff.; case vent mod; coolant filter; prepump Dahl filter/ separator with heater; prepump and in-tank mods; Tymar intake system feeding an ATS housing; Walker BTM; Magnefine trans and PS in-line filters; Ultraduty aluminum diff. cover; Hayden extra trans. cooler; Mobil 1 ATF in PS, trans and transfer case; aluminum running boards; Big Tex grille guard/ deer deflector; aluminum camper shell. Canoe hauler and camping truck extraordinaire. Don't want a hot-rod, just want to make it last forever!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 12:59 AM

I wouldn't recommend the led rear lights, because they caused my truck to burn fuses and burn out alternators.

2001 F350 XLT 4X4 crew cab, dual rear wheels, long bed, black, 7.3l turbo diesel, automatic transmission, 4.10, shift on the fly, running boards, sliding rear window, 38 gal fuel tank, 11,500 gvwr, 20,000 gcwr, 7500 gvw, completely stock, 114,000 miles when purchased, now has 240,000 miles, repairs so far: starter, batteries, cps, brakes, tires, alternator, ball joints, AC compressor, serpentine belt.

2005 Nomad Rampage toyhauler made by Skyline. 11,500lb gvwr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.