Heater/AC Blower only works on high?? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2006, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (18)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Heater/AC Blower only works on high??

I have a 2003 f-350 that the blower motor only works on high, meaning that when the selector is in any other position it does not turn on but once in high it blows on high speed. Does this mean that the selector switch is bad or is there seperate windings for each speed? Any help appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2006, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Re: Heater/AC Blower only works on high??

broblem is most likely the blower motor resistor. it is next to the blower motor in the evaporator case under the hood. has 2 8mm screws holding it in place. ck the first and see if the plug to the resistor is burnt.you may have to change the plug also. it is a very common problem.
2003 7.3 psd. 4" stainless exhaust,afe stage 2 intake,banks big head wastegate,zoodad mod,ccv mod,diablo programer,air intake heater delete,4.10 gear,cooling sys filter,hx crossover line, gauges,203* thermostate,brv.
mksmipalla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2006, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (18)

mko3psd you were right on. I removed the resistor then ohmed it out. turned out to be what looks like a diode was open. Just decided to remove it and solder in a small copper jumper. Works like a champ.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (9)

Not a diode- Its a FUSE.
Replace the resistor assy.may be playing with fire for real
1999.5 F-250 Lariat
2000 Excursion Limited PSD
2002 F-350 CC SWB Lariat
2002 Excursion Limited Ultimate Premier
2004 Excursion Limited 6.0 POS
Son's F-250 SC SWB PSD
2005 F-350 King Ranch CC SWB 6.0 POS
Nat Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well, i am experiencing the same problem and I have a 2006 6.0l. If someone has a picture of the exact resister that would be great. Heater blows on high only.

It started out by blowing on high no matter what I did. I could change locations that the air blew out (floor, floor /defrost, etc) and even in the "OFF" position. It would not shut off. I drove home, shut the truck off and let it sit for a while and now it just blows on high only. Heat and A/C work fine, can change locations, just cant turn down the blower.

Pictures of the resister would be great. PLEASE HELP.
gixxerkid3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm having problems with my HVAC fan but my case is even more odd - it won't work on low (position 1). The fan works fine on every other speed but low. I figure it's probably the fan motor itself but wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this issue.

How much effort is it to change the HVAC fan on the SD?
Old 11-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (19)
mgyip, yours isn't that odd, I've got the same issue also. I haven't gotten around to digging through that part of the truck so again to anyone that may have pics to this fuse/resistor part, please post up!

DP-Tuner 80T, 160cc single shots, GTP38R turbo, Ceramic coated IH up-pipes, coolant filter, 6637, DIY exhaust brake, openair CCV, propane, SBC DD all ceramic clutch, ISSPRO EV boost/pyro/HPOP pres./rear end temp, 4" lift, traction bars, 255/70R22.5 tires, York air compressor, 16 flashy lights, 12 strobes, 12 switches on console, 9 switches on the dash, 7 two-way radios, 5 air horns, laptop, siren, 105 gal. in-bed fuel tank, Kennesaw Mountain front bumper

'86 H-D Sportster - 16" apes, custom paint, custom pipes to fishtails, single fire ignition, leather saddle bags on custom brackets, bagger fender, solo seat, home made luggage rack, all LED rear lights

'66 Bronco "Big Little Monster"
BTBBT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.