The Diesel Stop banner

Help with 2000 F350 7.3L

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TJarvis66 
#1 · (Edited)
(question in last paragraph) i have a 2000 f350 4dr long bed, 7.3, auto, 4wd; truck has garrett gtp38r, 4" turbo back exhaust of unknown brand and a chip that i know nothing about (truck new to me but prev owner did the exhaust and chip within between 2000 and 02, turbo done less than a year ago). i know my up pipes leak a little, i dont hear them yet but they are coated in soot, boost builds to about 25 psi with waste gate bypassed or not. number 8 injector starting toget weak but havnt replaced it yet. i always keep atleast 1/2 tank in truck but havnt been able to check fuel pressure yet, also stock 3.73 gears and stock tires

future plans so far, driven diesel regulated return kit, full force diesel 160cc injectors at 30%, and dp tuners chip, aswell as the oil X over

so for my question, running about 80 on the freeway my egts sit between 900 - 1100 depending on hills and headwinds, with just an empty 16ft flatbed trailer if i were to try and run 70 it gets above 1200, i know this is too high so i pulled the chip and it only drops about 200 degrees in both instances, around town and lower speeds idk what temp is because if im slow im doing stop and go and unable to keep my foot out of it:grin2:, any opinions on what to do please let me know

#3 ·
By fixing your leak from your up pipe and making sure you don't have any leak in your CAC system will help reduce the EGT. Fixing your injector and getting a good chip with custom tunes will also help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Egt sensor???? Are you talking about EBPS by any chance?????

EGT probe don't get clug up compare to the EBPS

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.