How to tell if truck has keyless entry?? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2005, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How to tell if truck has keyless entry??

How would I go about determining if my truck has factory keyless entry installed. When I bought it used there was no key fob but I'd like to know how to tell for sure. Thanks for your help.
2001 F250 XLT w/35K. DP Tuner 6 position chip and supplied PCM (I fried mine!), SP Diesel Exhaust Brake and TC controller, Prodigy Brake Controller, Ford AIS with fender sleeve and Zoodad, Dieselsite Coolant filter kit, Dieselsite External transmission filter kit, Dieselsite heater core mod, Amsoil dual remote filter kit, Roll-n-Lock, Prepump Fuel filter, Open vent CCV, ITP oil crossover mod and overboost eliminator, Factory Tech Valve Body, ATS turbo housing & TAG I, 4" Turbo Back Bully Dog Stainless Exhaust w/5" tip, Cyclops Theft Deterrent, Boost, EGT and Transmission guages in A-pillar, AIH delete plug with code eliminator, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo tires. All used to Tow 18' Doolittle Extreme flatbed trailer with '98 Jeep TJ with too much to list.

I enjoy modding my stuff but am done for a while!!! My wife cannot take it anymore!!!!!
OffroadOUFan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2005, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: How to tell if truck has keyless entry??

The easiest way would be to call your local Ford Dealer, give them your VIN number and have them get a copy of the original window sticker.

Matt
MattBMiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2005, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Does it cost?
2001 F250 XLT w/35K. DP Tuner 6 position chip and supplied PCM (I fried mine!), SP Diesel Exhaust Brake and TC controller, Prodigy Brake Controller, Ford AIS with fender sleeve and Zoodad, Dieselsite Coolant filter kit, Dieselsite External transmission filter kit, Dieselsite heater core mod, Amsoil dual remote filter kit, Roll-n-Lock, Prepump Fuel filter, Open vent CCV, ITP oil crossover mod and overboost eliminator, Factory Tech Valve Body, ATS turbo housing & TAG I, 4" Turbo Back Bully Dog Stainless Exhaust w/5" tip, Cyclops Theft Deterrent, Boost, EGT and Transmission guages in A-pillar, AIH delete plug with code eliminator, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo tires. All used to Tow 18' Doolittle Extreme flatbed trailer with '98 Jeep TJ with too much to list.

I enjoy modding my stuff but am done for a while!!! My wife cannot take it anymore!!!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yes, the dealership will charge you for the key and the programing, The dealership here in Logan, Utah quoted me $40.00 per. I got mine thru ebay and programmed it myself.

Carmelo [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
01 PSD, CC, LB, Leveling Kit, 35BFG, Daytime driving lights, No Mods yet. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

They shouldn't charge you to tell you whether or not you have it. They will charge you dearly for a key fob though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Matt
MattBMiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2005, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Does it cost for them to determine if the truck has keyless entry?

Old 10-18-2005, 03:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)

if you make a trip to the dealer and they hook their computer up to it to tell you, you will be hit with a hour of labor or so! Do you have another Ford vehicle that has a key fob? try programming it to your truck and see if it takes? if so, you just need a key fob or two!

2004/1997 Powerstroke Pics, Ford 9N Tractor,6.0 Bible
dwelch1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2005, 04:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)

Cycle the ignition key on and off 8 times. If the power door locks cycle you have the key less entry system.
FMT
2000 Excursion Limited 4x4 Dark Satin Green Arizona Beige 7.3 DIT, AXDO, 3.73 LS, DP Tuner F5, TERMINATOR II w R-IPR, Adjustable Boost Regulator, Turbomaster, EBPV Delete, Air Dog, ITP Regulated Fuel Return, Fuel Cooler, Tags 1&2, Harpooned Tank, Magnaflow XL Exhaust w Aeroturbine 4040L, Sonnax/Tricumulator, 8 Autometer Sport Comp 4 Gauge A Pillar 4 Gauge Overhead, Ford APCM, Crimestopper Remote Starter With Remote Fast Idle, Ford AIS w Zoodad, W Code Front Modified B Code Rear springs, Rancho RS9000X, Rancho 5406 Stabilizer, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, BFG Rugged Trail TA, V10 Trans Cooler w Dual Electric Pusher Fans, Coolant Filter, IAH Delete, (((XM))) Line Of Fire Light, Ford Cab Lights, 05 Headlights w GOS Conversion Harness, Jimmi Jammers, 03 Lighted Painted Tow Mirrors w C-BETR, PSD Badges, Pullrite Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller, Born 01/29/00
fordmastertech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2005, 04:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to agdodge4x4

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it seem like it should cost? Do you think Ford can make a cheap buck on it? Do YOU have a funny feeling in your gut that they will charge for it?

If you answered YES to 2 or more of the above questions, the odds arent in your favor....

Texas A&M University
Class of 2002

2005 F-250 4x4 (FX4), Lariat Arizona Beige/Black two-tone, 5 spd Auto, 6.0L.
agdodge4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2005, 05:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it seem like it should cost? Do you think Ford can make a cheap buck on it? Do YOU have a funny feeling in your gut that they will charge for it?

If you answered YES to 2 or more of the above questions, the odds arent in your favor....

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I'd ask in case there was a flat charge. Ford seems as though it is OK to charge nearly twice as much for a CPS as NAPA, International, etc. so I thought I'd ask before I wasted time going and finding out it would cost.

Checking the ignition was simple enough and I don't have it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Maybe when the budget allows I'll get an aftermarket one...any suggestions?

Old 10-18-2005, 05:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)

If the truck in question is the one in your signature, then yes it has keyless entry.

If I am not mistaken, all XLT and Lariat Super Duty's from 1999-present had the keyless entry. I have had a Super Duty from each year since 1999 and all of mine have had keyless entry.

Check with dealer or E-bay and buy the keyfobs and program them yourself.

Good luck!

2008 F350 4x4 CC Lariat 6.4 picked up 2/10/07. Nav, rear DVD, ESOF, etc. Spray in liner, B&W gooseneck, Truck Covers USA tool box and roll up cover, Twin Wilson antennas, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB.
pstroke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2005, 06:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

My Photos: (52)

My 99 XLT did not have it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img], but I just added a cheap alarm with keyless for $130. Worked just fine [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]!!
01 F-250 SC PSD,260k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100 from P.I.S, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Water injection,Swamps Tuning and IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
CSIPSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2005, 06:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

It IS an option on the XLT, I had to order it on my '06.

Ron
aussiekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2005, 06:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)

[ QUOTE ]
Checking the ignition was simple enough and I don't have it Maybe when the budget allows I'll get an aftermarket one...any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, when I ordered my 2004, I didnt know that keyless entry was an option, it came in without it? I installed a crimestopper remote start/keyless entry on my truck, I never gave a remote start much thought, but now that I have it, I love it, its nice to start the truck from inside the bldg at work in the winter time [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

2004/1997 Powerstroke Pics, Ford 9N Tractor,6.0 Bible
dwelch1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2005, 07:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)

Where can I get the keyless entry module for my truck??? It didn't come with deyless entry but I have 3 key fobs from an old truck.
CC/LB
Firestone Ride-Rite's
Coolant Filter
Edge Insight
Fuel Pressure Gauge
SCT Tuned by Matt@ Gearhead

Delwars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.