The Diesel Stop banner

Looking for advice

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Texkenusmc 
#1 ·
Ok I have a 2002 f250 7.3 4x4 in good shape. It has 181,000 miles on it. I bought it for $10,000 last year. I have an offer for $14,000 from a guy who is buying my RV for twice what I paid for it because I got a real good deal. I will profit about $13,000 on top of getting my money back. Would ya'll sale truck.

P.S. it took three months to find this truck

#2 ·
hard decision for sure.... I guess it come down to, do you think you can find another one like yours or better.... if you don't need a truck right away, you may take the time to find another one but if you really need your truck well keep it. here a 7.3 in good condition with low mileage is really hard to find.

#3 ·
HELL YA, you can always find another 7.3 with lower milage you just have to be patient.

#4 ·
I think I will do it I don't need a truck for a while and if I do I can use my 78 year old mothers duramax that she uses to pull her RV.

#5 ·
Most definitely sell them. Will you find a lower mileage 7.3L? That will be a challenge but I think worth the risk especially since you don't "need" a truck.

FWIW, I'd sell the D-Max first. :grin2:

#6 ·
Lots of 7.3's under 180k miles

#7 · (Edited)
Ok I sold just the RV and made 9G in profit after owning it for only 3 mounths. Now I need advice on Y-pipe ,new exhaust and intake. Would like for it to sound as quite as possible.The reason I am changing everything to and from the turbo is because of an exaust leak. I already have all new boots mine are real soft. What do I need? Would like to do it as cheap as possible. Don't waunt to spend to much of my flip money.

#8 ·
Do you mean the collector for the up pipes when you say y pipe? THat comes as a kit.

I'd recommend doing bellowed up pipes.

If you want quiet you will want a 4 inch exhaust with a muffler.

Quiet Intake would be a ford AIS

My s&b isn't loud either but not as quiet as the AIS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.