need help to disable the auto locking door locks - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need help to disable the auto locking door locks

i have just started driving my 2004 f-550 service truck ( bought it new and has been my company's flagship untill now) i want to disable the the door locks from automatically locking when you reach about 5 mph. every time i get out on a service call and try to open one of the other doors i have to go back to the drivers door to unlock them. any help will be greatly appreciated
2008 F-550 4x4 auto CC KR service truck
pollardfarms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2009, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (25)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This is how I did it in my '05 F-350: It might take a few try's to do it in time.

Using the remote:
Must complete steps 1 thru 7 within 30 seconds.

1. Insert the key and turn to 4(on) position.
2. Press the power door unlock control three times.
3. Turn the ignition from the 4(on) position to the 3(off) position
4. Press the power door unlock control three times.
5. Turn the ignition back to the 4(on) position. The horn will chirp.
6. Press the unlock control, then press the lock control. The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if auto lock was activated. NOTE: Pressing the power door UNLOCK/LOCK button again will toggle between activating and deactivating the autolock feature.
7. Turn the ignition to the 3(off) position. The horn will chirp once to confirm the procedure is complete.
2005 F-350 CC, LB, 4x4, Dually, 6.0 Powerstroke, Torqueshift, 4:10 Gears. Gooseneck and rear pull hitches. "Truck Covers USA" roll up aluminum tonneau cover. Putco Boss Running Boards. Aluminum finned diff covers. Bilstein HD shocks. ProComp steering stabilizer. XRF ball joints. NC Hornet CCV mod. RCD egr delete kit. AirDog fuel system. Strictly Diesel's regulated fuel and coolant return lines kits. Amsoil oil bypass (by NUC Motorsports) and homebuilt coolant bypass kits. CFM intake elbow. ARP head studs with factory gaskets and all upgrades. FICM by Ed with Atlas 40 tune, DC Power 185 amp alternator, MBRP 304SS "Cool Dual" exhaust system. SCT Livewire tuner with pyrometer. Autometer 'A' pillar gauges (Boost/Trans temp/Pyrometer/Fuel Pressure). 850 CCA Motorcraft Batteries. Using Rotella T-6 synthetic oil. Upgraded degas tank and cap. Hayes deep aluminum trans pan. GoGo Diesel modified direct clutch solenoid. Retro Solutions HID head and fog lights. High idle mod. Jimmi-Jammers. +More.
fordsforever73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

thank you very much. and my dealer said it could not be done
2008 F-550 4x4 auto CC KR service truck
pollardfarms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

If that doesn't work, and you have the keyless entry (number pad on outside of door) I have instructions for that method too. It's a little easier. Just let me know.
2005 F-350 CC, LB, 4x4, Dually, 6.0 Powerstroke, Torqueshift, 4:10 Gears. Gooseneck and rear pull hitches. "Truck Covers USA" roll up aluminum tonneau cover. Putco Boss Running Boards. Aluminum finned diff covers. Bilstein HD shocks. ProComp steering stabilizer. XRF ball joints. NC Hornet CCV mod. RCD egr delete kit. AirDog fuel system. Strictly Diesel's regulated fuel and coolant return lines kits. Amsoil oil bypass (by NUC Motorsports) and homebuilt coolant bypass kits. CFM intake elbow. ARP head studs with factory gaskets and all upgrades. FICM by Ed with Atlas 40 tune, DC Power 185 amp alternator, MBRP 304SS "Cool Dual" exhaust system. SCT Livewire tuner with pyrometer. Autometer 'A' pillar gauges (Boost/Trans temp/Pyrometer/Fuel Pressure). 850 CCA Motorcraft Batteries. Using Rotella T-6 synthetic oil. Upgraded degas tank and cap. Hayes deep aluminum trans pan. GoGo Diesel modified direct clutch solenoid. Retro Solutions HID head and fog lights. High idle mod. Jimmi-Jammers. +More.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Can you post that?

89 F350 CC 4x4 Longbed Lariat. 7.3 with ATS Turbo and K&N. --SOLD--

More mods as the money allows.
MonkeyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Here you go:

This is from my '05 manual: To deactivate/reactivate the autolock feature using the keypad.

Your vehicle comes with the autolock feature activated. To deactivate/reactivate this feature:

1. Ensure that the anti-theft system is not armed.
2. Turn the ignition to the 3 (off) position. (One "click" up from when you put key in).
3. Close all the doors, liftgate and cargo doors.
4. Enter the 5-digit entry code.
5. Press and hold the 7/8. While holding the 7/8, press and release the 3/4.
6. Release the 7/8.

The horn will chirp once when the system has been successfully deactivated.

The horn will chirp twice (one short and one long chirp) when the system has been successfully reactivated.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to frick134
First Year for auto locks?

Does any body know what was the first year ford started with the auto locks? Can't seem to get this to work on my 99. Thanks
Pulling 37' 5th wheel
Dieselsite 203* theromstat/coolant filter 10/05
Custom Built Lower Front Receiver
4" trubo back Exhaust 10/08
BTS Transmission 11/08
BTS Tunes 11/08
BD X-Monitor 11/08
08 Diff Cover 1/10
08 Mirrors 1/10
frick134 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks FordsForever73

89 F350 CC 4x4 Longbed Lariat. 7.3 with ATS Turbo and K&N. --SOLD--

More mods as the money allows.
MonkeyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

I got my info from the factory manual that came with the truck. If you don't have yours, maybe someone you know has a manual for the '99? Good luck. It is an awesome thing, to deactivate the annoying chime.

And to the previous owner of my truck, thanks for deactivating the "also annoying" chime for the seatbelt.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

I looked in my 2000 F250 manual, and couldn't find anything that allows you to alter the auto locks. I thought my auto lock feature was a result of the Viper remote start alarm system I had installed way back in 1999.

short_stuff
Y2K F250 CC PSD Auto, Short-bed Lariat, Woodland Green/Gold, ordered 07/10/99, born 09/12/99, delivered 10/08/99, RollX bed cover, Bed mat, Zoodad mod, Viper Remote Start Alarm, Fumoto valve, undercoated, 131k somewhat error-free miles (so far) [never back to dealer for anything] , Edge Evolution (testing 60 HP setting), Pioneer DVD/CD/iPod/XM satellite

Repairs: CPS, Water Separator Valve assembly, rear axle bearings, VSS, batteries, brakes, alternator, serpentine belt (x2), all 4 power lock actuators, water pump, air conditioning lines

2009 VW Tiguan 2.0 l turbo 200 hp gas engine (TDI engine not available for it yet)
short_stuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Can you only disable the Autolock or can you alter it to unlock when the shifter is put back into Park? My girlfriends Escalade does this and it makes the Autolock feature much more user friendly.
rechromed2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2010, 11:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

If you go to this site you can get a PDF copy of your owner's manual for your specific year Ford vehicle. It should have this information in your vehicle specific owner's manual.

https://www.flmowner.com/servlet/Con...OwnerGuidePage
'03 Excursion, 7.3L, 4X4, Auto tranny of course (they all did), 4" MBRP exhaust, TS performance chip, K&N FIPK w/ an Amsoil EA filter, Hellwig anti-sway bar, drilled/slotted front & rear rotors. Rancho XL shocks, Rancho steering damper, Airlift 5000, S&S Diversified headlight mod. This baby surprises a lot of, so called, performance cars.
'04 F 350, extended cab, 6.0L, FX4, manual tranny, 4" MBRP exhaust, Bully Dog Triple Dog downloader w/ Outlook moniter (Very disappointed in the Bully Dog), 2m-70cm Yaesu ft-8500, S&S Diversified headlight mod.

'96 Mustang Cobra convertible, B&M short throw shifter, Koni adjustable shocks, viper chip, drilled/slotted rotors front and rear, rear sequential turn signals.

'11 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic 103 ci PowerPak w/ anti lock brakes & Smart Security system. It even has cruise control!!! Candy Dark Root Beer over Candy Light Root Beer Yaesu FTM-10R & a Comet CSB 770A
Matt0987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #13 (permalink)

Any help on the auto locking door locks for a 2000 F350 7.3 SD?

We live in an area that makes me uncomfortable when my wife drives it. auto door locks would give me a piece of mind for her safety.

I tried the '05 (Fordsforever73) post and it did not chirp or honk the horn for confirmation.
erikl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.