Rear speakers in 04 Crew Cab - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rear speakers in 04 Crew Cab

I have a 04 F250 Crew Cab. The rear speakers are sitting right behind the back of the seat and don't put out a lot of sound. I just put Dynamat in the front doors and the quality of the sound is incredible (much better than before). Now the front speakers are overpowering the rears. I have seen people talking about installing speakers in the door where the ashtray is. Are there any other ways to put these in?

Old truck
2004 F250 6.0, 4" T-back MBRP, AFE Stage II/PG7, CFM+ Largemouth, Snow Stage II Meth injection, Pyro, Trans, Boost pillar mount, SCT running Extreme Street, ITP reg return, AirDog, Oilguard bypass, CCV mod, Diesel Site coolant filter, harpooned, 08 Diff cover, Daystar levelling kit, Viair onboard air with Siege train horns, heated mirror switch, Hella 500 Driving and Fog lights behind Billet grille, back-up lights, Kenwood 7019 in-dash DVD, Alpine S in the doors, 2 10" JL subs with Alpine amp.
ryano2121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2007, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Re: Rear speakers in 04 Crew Cab

I installed Infinity Reference 5x7's in my rear doors They have an aimable tweeter. They are plenty powerful.
Quad pillar Air, trans temp, pyro, boost
Magnaflow 15954, ATS studs
Transfer Flow 46gal midship tank
Firestone Airbags 2400 kit ViAir 250C compressor
Eaton TruTrac, Rancho 9000's, Skyjacker 1.5" rings
ViAir 380C@200psi, 5gal tank, Siege Anvil train horns say move *****!
Lightningfast01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2007, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Can you hear them better that the stock speakers? I have heard that Infinity's are too "bright" - do you agree?

Old truck
2004 F250 6.0, 4" T-back MBRP, AFE Stage II/PG7, CFM+ Largemouth, Snow Stage II Meth injection, Pyro, Trans, Boost pillar mount, SCT running Extreme Street, ITP reg return, AirDog, Oilguard bypass, CCV mod, Diesel Site coolant filter, harpooned, 08 Diff cover, Daystar levelling kit, Viair onboard air with Siege train horns, heated mirror switch, Hella 500 Driving and Fog lights behind Billet grille, back-up lights, Kenwood 7019 in-dash DVD, Alpine S in the doors, 2 10" JL subs with Alpine amp.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

I found Eurekaboy's write up on how he did this. He cut a hole in the bottom of the rear door panel and the door itself. Then he put in a speaker with a grill. http://www.eurekaboy.com/f250/doorspeaker.htm

I have Alpine S's in the front and like the way they sound. I found these http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=SPS-13C2 that have a nice looking grill. Could I install these without them getting damaged with normal use of the truck? Or are there other speakers with more protective grill?

Old truck
Old 12-31-2007, 09:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Speakers are a personal choice I recommend folks go to a good store and listen to their kind of music in the sound room before purchasing. I was surprised that the lower Reference series sounded better than their high line Kappa's to me. There was also a 300 dollar set of Focal's that sounded like pooh. The 1,200 dollar Focals did rock though. I have a full system so I can't say exactly. I have Infinity 6.5" components in the front doors with tweets on the dash and regular Reference speakers inthe rear door. Everything is driven by the amps 200 watt 4 channel which is 50 watts a piece. I think they are very clear without being to bright. Of course I have hearing damage from loud environments. I bought mine 3 years ago so the exact model has changed but these are close. I noticed the ref rear here is listed at 2 ohms That would sound twice as loud vs a stock 4 ohm speaker. Not sure if it would over work the stock radio or not...
fronts
http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/produ...y=US&Region=USA
rears
http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/produ...y=US&Region=USA
two 8" JL subs under the rear seat in a custom box.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...p?series_id=22
Old 01-02-2008, 11:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

I don't like jicky looking grills but the door mounted speakers would sound better than the pillar. I might even try to mount the speaker in the door itself and make holes or cut lines like factory does with a router for the sound to come through. It would be more hidden and durable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.