The Diesel Stop banner

Rubber molding under doors?

8K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  xlrs 
#1 ·
All 4 rubber moldings on all of the underside of the doors are coming off or falling off. anybody else had this problem? any part #'s

Thanks Travis

#3 ·
I have the same problem. I have debated cleaning the doors up really well and using 3m two sided tape? would that work?

#4 ·
On my work truck I used self tapping screws slightly larger than the hole where the old broken plactic "snaps" go in. I cut a small slit in the rubber to get the screw through and used a cordless drill. Co-workers stopped complaining 'bout the mud and gravel sludge getting on their pant legs. Poor design to begin with if you ask me!

#5 ·
Hey Travis.
I have replaced mine a while ago, but I can't find the part number. The molding has been redesigned, and I know I got them from powerstrokeshop. I tried looking it up but it is so dang hard to look stuff up on their site, I could not find them. I would call them, let them have the hassle of looking through their site.

#6 ·
You can buy those barbed plastic fasteners at your local auto parts store. I believe the brand was called "HELP" and auto parts stores often have a small section devoted to their products.

As long as your rubber strips don't have the holes torn out of them, I would go back with the original type fasteners. Overall, they work pretty well and they're inexpensive.

#7 ·
Some guys have just taken them off. My F250 did not have them. A friend of mine took his off and gave them to me. The clips were all broken. I got new ones at NAPA. I had to order them but they were only like $8 for two packs. The stealer does not have them. The only way they do is on new pieces of weather strip. If you can't find the part # @ NAPA let me know, I have the package somewhere.

#8 ·
Are you talking about the single strip at the bottom of the door?

On my 04 the strip is on little mettle pins that stick out of the door. It is like the bulb seal and it just slips over the pins.

#9 ·
I did the same thing Bonecrusher did with the self tapping screws.(Followed his idea).I had some rust starting on the bottom of the doors behind the rubber seal. Cleaned and removed all rust. The drain holes just above the crimp at the bottom of the door all have a little lip sticking up that can hold moisture and let it rust the seam. I ground those lips flush so all the moisture will drain off. Then I put Herculiner along the bottom to just above the seal. Hope that will keep it from rusting again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.