Squeaky Front Springs - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2005, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Squeaky Front Springs

I spray WD on the mounts or silicone when the squeak gets annoying,what is the fix for this problem? The noise goes away for a little time but returns shortly.
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2005, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Squeaky Front Springs

The plastic spacers for the springs are either worn out or gone. If you replace them, it will take care of your squeek. I gave up replacing them after the replacement lasted about 10,000 miles.
2000 F350 XLT PSD, 4x4, 6 speed manual, 110,000 miles, Luk clutch, upgraded clutch fork, Ranchhand Front-End Replacement, 05 Grille, Clear corner lights, Bushwacker Pocket-Style Flares, 08 bed/tailgate/lights, ztech spray-in bedliner, BFG 285/75/R16E, KC foglights, running boards, XM Radio, Viper alarm, Leer 100XL.

1987 F-350 crew cab, 6.9, 5 speed, 4x4, stock

Proudly serving in the USN

Freedom isn't free: but don't worry, the US military is picking up the tab

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...g/DSC01181.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...g/DSC01183.jpg
jjfertig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Re: Squeaky Front Springs

What i found that last pretty good is moly spray. jack up the frame, put a crowbar between leafs and spray. My plastic spacers are long gone.
99.5PSD F350 3/99 CC XLT Auto 4X4OffRoad NO-ESOF 4WABS PTO/AIC Sterling BrushGuard W/front RecTube, Reading Low Profile Utilbody, 3.73LS SRW LWB Trailer & Camper, Oilguard bypass,Permacool 6pass Fan Aux trans cooler&filter, crankcase vent,Hutch Tank mods,8120#GVW empty
CKing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.