Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Midland County,TX, USA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Torque specs for 99 F-350 rear
Maybe this is it?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
(lots of stuff deleted)
4. Slide the rear hub and brake disc assembly over the axle housing spindle.
- Remove the electrician's tape.
5. Install the outer rear wheel bearing.
6. Start the hub nut making sure that the tab aligns correctly in the keyway prior to thread engagement.
7. NOTE: The following hub nut tightening sequence will prevent side-to-side end play of the hub and brake disc assembly.
NOTE: Apply inward pressure to the socket to separate the ratcheting components of the hub nut.
To adjust the bearings, tighten the nut.
Tighten to 95 Nm (70 lb-ft).
8. Back off the nut 90 degrees.
9. Tighten the nut.
Tighten to 24 Nm (18 lb-ft).
To verify that there is no side-to-side end play, attach a magnetically mounted dial indicator to the spindle end and place the dial indicator tip on the outboard surface of the hub. Check for side-to-side end play.
Final bearing adjustment has zero end play. The maximum torque to rotate the hub is 2.3 Nm (20 lb-in) when end play is zero.
10. Install the axle shaft. For additional information, refer to Axle Shaft in this section.
11. Install the anchor plate. For additional information, refer to Section 206-04 .
12. Install the tire and wheel assembly. For additional information, refer to Section 204-04 . </div></div>