Turn signal relay - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turn signal relay

The other day my left turn signal started blinking rapidly and the rear trun signal stopped working while the front still worked. 2 days later the right did the same thing.

I'm thinking it might be the multi function switch or a bad wire in the column. Anyone have this problem before? This is for my 2004 F350.

Thanks
Dave

2004 F-350 Lariat SRW 4x4 CC long bed. 47k miles. 4" exhaust, cold air intake, Pro Guard 7 filter ARB air locker.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (175)
Usually the rapid blinking is because one of the bulbs on that side burnt out.

Did you check the bulbs that "stopped working" to see if they were burnt out?

Simple fix. Change the bulbs.
99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version), AIS, coolant filter w/"hokum" bracket, regulated return, heated mirror mod, lighted cupholder, Marinco heater plug-in.

Hard or no-start? Check Here
klhansen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds like the multi function switch for sure. You might get it to work again by rapidly pulling the arm towards you, a few times, like you were flashing the high beams. This might help clear up the bad contacts not making up within the switch.
Early 99 F250 XLT,White/Silver,4x4,SC,SB,A/T,PMT1,ARE LSII tonneau,Amp Research power steps,MB Razor's,295-60-20 Nitto Trail Grapplers,Rhino Liner,Rancho9000's,Bushwacker Street Flares,DP-Tuner F5,True-Cool Max,AFE modified-W.D.RamAir,5"Hypermax exhaust,Hypermax DP,Firestone Ride-Rites,2.5" front leveling leafs,AutoMeter-ProComps/triple pillar,heated TTT mirrors,DEI remote start,Amsoil enhanced.
Rich D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Bulbs are fine, I wish it was that easy.

I've also been getting an airbag light during night driving which might be something else in the column. I'm not sure if these could be related and if I can fix both while I have the dash and column apart.

2004 F-350 Lariat SRW 4x4 CC long bed. 47k miles. 4" exhaust, cold air intake, Pro Guard 7 filter ARB air locker.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Do a search for internet search for superduty steering column short, there's a video/article or two out there showing a known wire rub(bare wire) issue. There also a video on changing the multi function switch.
Early 99 F250 XLT,White/Silver,4x4,SC,SB,A/T,PMT1,ARE LSII tonneau,Amp Research power steps,MB Razor's,295-60-20 Nitto Trail Grapplers,Rhino Liner,Rancho9000's,Bushwacker Street Flares,DP-Tuner F5,True-Cool Max,AFE modified-W.D.RamAir,5"Hypermax exhaust,Hypermax DP,Firestone Ride-Rites,2.5" front leveling leafs,AutoMeter-ProComps/triple pillar,heated TTT mirrors,DEI remote start,Amsoil enhanced.
Rich D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
Do a search for internet search for superduty steering column short, there's a video/article or two out there showing a known wire rub(bare wire) issue. There also a video on changing the multi function switch.
I'm having similar problem. I could not find the video. In my case, the headlights will not come on at night until I giggle the turn signal handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.