VIN locations on 2005 Super Duty? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2005, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
VIN locations on 2005 Super Duty?

Besides the VIN location on the door jamb/door and the one in the windshield, does anybody know where additional VINs are stamped or stickered? I need this info in order to register an 05 F250 which was salvaged.
TDS member #49 - 1999.5 (Built 4/26/99) White F350, CC, SRW, LWB, Lariat, AIC, 4R100 (4th transmission before 85k - gotta love this tranny), 6.0 trans cooler, manual shift 4wd, 3 inch leveling kit, KING reservoir shocks, 285-75-16 Bridgestone REVOs, Performance Friction Pads all around, Powerslot Cryo'd rotors in front, CD player, Infinity REF 6800CS speakers (front and rear), Garmin 2610 GPS (hardwired), 40/20/40 leather seats, heated turn signal- TT mirrors, Titan V hitch, weatherguard box, DP Tuner 4 Position chip (love it), AIS intake, Diesel Site CAC Boots, 4" Magnaflow exhaust, Diesel Innovations Up Pipe, gutted EBPV, Non EBPV Turbo Pedestal, X-Monitor. NO STEERING WHEN BRAKES ARE APPLIED!

Jack
jgarden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2005, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Re: VIN locations on 2005 Super Duty?

Take the truck to the nearest CHP office, they'll do a VIN verification for free. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
2002 F-250, LB, CC, AFE stage 2, Magnaflow 4" SS turbo back, Donahoe 4 1/2" lift, 35" BFG's, and DP Tuner 4 pos chip, ISSPRO gauges on the A pillar, AIH delete, Performance turbo wheel, ATS housing, Bob Riley's Intercooler boots and CCV mod

There is no "nice" way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards...our hired guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us; the things we're too afraid, to unskilled or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, our cars and houses and out of our face. We want them to "take care of the problem."
WE JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE HOW IT'S DONE.
Charles Webb, Ph.D.
CSU, Long Beach
IA712 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2005, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

I want to be able to tell them where a secondary vin is. Otherwise they will issue the vehicle a new VIN which, I do not want. I want the original Ford VIN.

Somebody has gotta know where other VINs are located????
TDS member #49 - 1999.5 (Built 4/26/99) White F350, CC, SRW, LWB, Lariat, AIC, 4R100 (4th transmission before 85k - gotta love this tranny), 6.0 trans cooler, manual shift 4wd, 3 inch leveling kit, KING reservoir shocks, 285-75-16 Bridgestone REVOs, Performance Friction Pads all around, Powerslot Cryo'd rotors in front, CD player, Infinity REF 6800CS speakers (front and rear), Garmin 2610 GPS (hardwired), 40/20/40 leather seats, heated turn signal- TT mirrors, Titan V hitch, weatherguard box, DP Tuner 4 Position chip (love it), AIS intake, Diesel Site CAC Boots, 4" Magnaflow exhaust, Diesel Innovations Up Pipe, gutted EBPV, Non EBPV Turbo Pedestal, X-Monitor. NO STEERING WHEN BRAKES ARE APPLIED!

Jack
Old 12-21-2005, 11:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

What I'm telling you is that information is not readily available to the public. They will find the secondary vin and give you another vin plate, if it's needed. I am sure someone here knows where it's at, but while they're at it, they are going to verify it is not a stolen or you are not trying to cover up a vin switch stolen [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
2002 F-250, LB, CC, AFE stage 2, Magnaflow 4" SS turbo back, Donahoe 4 1/2" lift, 35" BFG's, and DP Tuner 4 pos chip, ISSPRO gauges on the A pillar, AIH delete, Performance turbo wheel, ATS housing, Bob Riley's Intercooler boots and CCV mod

There is no "nice" way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards...our hired guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us; the things we're too afraid, to unskilled or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, our cars and houses and out of our face. We want them to "take care of the problem."
WE JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE HOW IT'S DONE.
Charles Webb, Ph.D.
CSU, Long Beach
IA712 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2005, 12:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

springs, driveshafts stickers
some trannies have the sticers on top up near the hump
some have em hanging off a plate on teh left side
most spring have decals with the vin
under dash behind the radio
ecm cover
right fender up inside there ia a metal plate
cab to bed conection sometimes a metal tag is there as well
under hood radiator brace has a tag
a salvaged 05 was it flooded or flipped

2002 F350 Larait Crew Cab Dually , (sold 65k Miles)
1992 F250 HD 4x4 Super cab 7.3 IDI W/banks(Sold 118k miles)
1988 F150 Short bed 4x4 (sold 45k miles)
Feel the Force of TDS

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2005, 02:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rollover!

The whole idea is that I want a vin that is easy for DMV to see, so that I do not have to take it to CHP and wait for an appointment and then finally be issued a NEW vin. I do not want a new vin. I would like the vehicle to keep the original VIN if possible.

Jack
Old 12-21-2005, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I don't know about the '05, but my PSD has the truck's VIN and the engine serial number stamped on the engine. On my 7.3L it's on a machined pad right behind the oil filter. The VIN reads up and down and the engine SN reads side to side. This way you can match up the VIN on the engine to the VIN of the truck to see if it's the original engine.
Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2005, 08:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

FWIW, I found out that the VIN is stamped on the top of the frame right above the rear most rivet for the radius arm bracket (psgr side) and then again approximately 15 inches back (again on the psgr side).

Jack
Old 12-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
LRH

US spec vehicles have the major body panels plastered with the VIN to help ID stolen/stripped parts; surely some of the stickers remain..
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2005, 04:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

LRH, you are correct, but this vehicle has had the whole cab replaced, so all those original plates/stickers are now gone.

Jack
Old 12-22-2005, 04:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

what happened to the original title? how was the purchase documented without any identifying vin? surely you know who you bought it from and i'm sure they have insurance records at the very least on a salvaged '05. sounds a little dicey to me.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:26 PM   #12 (permalink)

We have all the docs, etc. It is not dicey. When you buy a salvaged vehicle in CA you must have it inspected before it can be driven on the streets. The inspection amongst other things requires the DMV to see the VIN in at least 2 locations. The complete cab was replaced along with all 4 doors, as such the door jamb vin sticker is on the original cab. So, all I wanted to know was where are there additional VIN stickers/plates? The folks at DMV normally don't want to work too hard to find them, so if we can point them in the right direction it speeds things up.

Hopefully, everyone now understands?

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.