Windshield part #'s with and with out the "SUPERDUTY" logo - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Windshield part #'s with and with out the "SUPERDUTY" logo

Got to replace my windshield and was looking to get the newer version(2003 and up) with the SUPERDUTY logo across the top. I'll probably have to pay the difference if there is one, I'm going thru insurance and have a $0 deductible and have yet to call a shop to see how it can be done. I'ver tried searching the forums and can't find the part # anywhere. Rich
Early 99 F250 XLT,White/Silver,4x4,SC,SB,A/T,PMT1,ARE LSII tonneau,Amp Research power steps,MB Razor's,295-60-20 Nitto Trail Grapplers,Rhino Liner,Rancho9000's,Bushwacker Street Flares,DP-Tuner F5,True-Cool Max,AFE modified-W.D.RamAir,5"Hypermax exhaust,Hypermax DP,Firestone Ride-Rites,2.5" front leveling leafs,AutoMeter-ProComps/triple pillar,heated TTT mirrors,DEI remote start,Amsoil enhanced.
Rich D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2006, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Windshield part #'s with and with out the "SUPERDUTY" logo

Your local glass shop will have it listed in its catalog.
2007 Apex9.5 truck camper
1973 Bronco (stock), wife's
1973 Bronco (HEAVILY modified), mine
2006 Mustang V6, Screaming Yellow, wife's
2006 F350, Amarillo, SRW, CC, 4x4, SB, 6.0/auto (traded)
2004 F350, SRW, CC, SB, Sport, 4x4, 6.0/auto (bought back by Ford)
SteveIn29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2006, 08:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (20)

I recently had my windshield replaced and I had pricing on both types. No logo was $150. Super duty logo was $325. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] This was for my 2001. Not sure about 2003+. I figured for $175, I could go down to my local sign shop and have them make me up a nice Super Duty sticker to put on my windshield.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif[/img]
Triple A-Pod ISSPRO; Boost, Pyro, Trans gauges. Magnaflow 4" Exhaust
DP-Tuner 7 Position chip; Stock, High Idle, Tow, Exhaust Brake, Econo, Race, Smoke
SS HPOP Crossover
Dieselsite coolant filter
Fleetrite ELC Coolant
AIH Delete
ScanGauge
Train horns from Hornblasters
Line-X Liner
http://photos.thedieselstop.com/show...0/ppuser/48942
DHDiesel73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2006, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

DW1505 is the one without the logo, DW1522 has the Superduty logo in the third visor. BTW, these are National Auto Glass Specifications (NAGS) part #'s and will be the same regardless of the brand of glass you choose.

Edit - the price is pretty well set by the shop, NAGS sets a list price, but the shop can discount it. Kind of like any other auto part, list price/your price.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)

Insurance replaced mine and there was no upcharge for the logo'd glass. I told the glass company I wanted the logo.
36 feet on the floor Elite/Outlaw LQ horse trailer.
36 foot double tandem axle flatbed trailer.
36 foot Sooner 6 horse large dressing/ mid tack.
2003 EB Expedition 149K (no engine repairs, gas burners are the new longevity leaders)
2004 Volvo V70R AWD-high miler in fleet, 215K (no engine repairs)
2007 BMW 550i 6MT 112K
jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2006, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)

[ QUOTE ]
I recently had my windshield replaced and I had pricing on both types. No logo was $150. Super duty logo was $325. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] This was for my 2001. Not sure about 2003+. I figured for $175, I could go down to my local sign shop and have them make me up a nice Super Duty sticker to put on my windshield.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The one with "Super Duty" on it must come from Ford most likely. The older style can be had aftermaket.

Wayne B
Wayne B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2006, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks TBD, those were the numbers I was looking for. I've got a few different prices ranging from $30 to $100 more for the "superduty" logo windshield both in the Carlite brand(OEM). I'm told statefarm won't pay for the 1522 because it's a listed replacement for a 2003, not 1999. LOF and PPG also make the "superduty" logo windshield but I didn't price them. I also found out that the windshield with the "superduty" logo on it doesn't have the color tinted top 4"-6", so that's also another minor difference. Rich
Early 99 F250 XLT,White/Silver,4x4,SC,SB,A/T,PMT1,ARE LSII tonneau,Amp Research power steps,MB Razor's,295-60-20 Nitto Trail Grapplers,Rhino Liner,Rancho9000's,Bushwacker Street Flares,DP-Tuner F5,True-Cool Max,AFE modified-W.D.RamAir,5"Hypermax exhaust,Hypermax DP,Firestone Ride-Rites,2.5" front leveling leafs,AutoMeter-ProComps/triple pillar,heated TTT mirrors,DEI remote start,Amsoil enhanced.
Rich D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.